• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grounds Keeper Willie

Wolves

Grounds Keeper Willie

I'm thinking about doing my part in dropping the predator population down at my deer stand. There's wolves everywhere and I have my two tags for the year. My understanding is that if I fill both of my 2015 tags I can purchase two more as of January 1st. Am I wrong about this? Also I have heard that I should wear gloves while handling wolves because they can carry some pretty serious diseases. Can anyone with any experience hunting or trapping wolves chime in and let me know if I should be paranoid about this? I'll post some pics if I have any success. They tend to just walk out in front of me while I wait for deer so I won't be baiting them. They need to be thinned out a bit because I have noticed a drop in the deer population and there isn't as many moose around either. I shot a big spring bear there in May already that I spotted when I was hanging a deer stand in the field so I figure I should take some wolves too. Feel free to help a rookie wolf hunter out.

AGGGH

Benji

Talk to the local farmers. They will gladly let you come and shoot some wolves. Too many issues with Wolves this year... Boss had a calf taken at night and the cows udder was full of bite marks and the like. Not even 3 days later there were 2 of the biggest coyotes my boss ever seen chasing his cows at 3:00 in the afternoon.

Good luck on your wolf hunts

Benji

sport

there are 2 seasons in the year ,, jan to march and sept to dec . you are allowed 2 tags a year , doesn't matter what season you hunt in that 12 month period ..winter or fall ...

sport

• Like 1