• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TroutHunter

The Joys of Public Land Hunting

TroutHunter

So a buddy of mine has been having some issues with his public land spot the last month. He has placed a trail cam/ground blind up (at his own risk) and has seen a "gentleman" and his 2 dogs constantly walking through his spot (while he was not presently hunting). He has numerous pictures of this guy mocking him as he dances in front of the camera. My friend is frustrated as this has been going on for a few weeks. He found out who he was through a mutual friend and politely asked him to avoid walking his dogs in that area due to 1) he would like to hunt it, and 2) the safety issues with people in hunting areas. Today things took a foul turn as my friend left the blind after a morning hunt, and came back for a late afternoon hunt. Upon his return (after a 3hr break), there was a skinned doe hide hanging from a tree right at his hunting spot. He checked the cam, and sure enough this "gentleman" was seen with his dog, mocking the camera, with the deer hide in his hand (poorly trying to hide what he is about to do). Does anyone know if anything can be done regarding this?? No tag was seen on the doe, no slit in the ear showing a potential tag placement attempt either. Should MNR be contacted, or is this just something that comes with public land hunting??

Thanks

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

hunt or be hunted

Well it's deffinitly not something u normally deal with out hunting on public land but I have seen some strange a**hole moves by people over years that really make u scratch ur head and wonder why they bother doing such things, from my outside view point clearly this gentleman has no respect for ur freind and his hunting area, now the whole deer skin hanging from a tree is taken things way overboard an clearly this guy has some issues but the strange part about it is that he clearly either hunts himself or has freinds that do to give him a skin to hang, unless he's really that disturbed and went looking for one that someone dumped off lol the tags only have to be on the animal until its final destination of being butcherd after that they can be removed and lots of people will do that before they discard the skin/bone remains from the animal, someone on here will correct me if I'm wrong ! Now from what I know from everything I've read, unless he's actully their purposely messing with his hunt while ur freind in the blind then yes he's interfering with his hunt and the CO's can deffinitly intervene, but if he's just constantly walking by the area and in front of the camera while he's not their and it's on public ground he's not actully interfering with the hunt cause no ones their😕 That's how I read it in the print, hopefully someone else on hear can shed some more info on the topic! Personally if that was my case I'd move my whole set up somewhere else and I'd drop that deer skin right on this guys front door step for karma and bein a A-hole like that !

• Like 1

Grounds Keeper Willie

I would give the info to the MNR so they can question this person first hand about being in possession of a doe skin with no ear slit/tag.

• Like 1

AGGGH

smokerscully1

Tell your buddy to call the MNR and talk to a CO. The MNR takes hunter harassment very seriously. These kinds of things tend to escalate.

A CO can ruin your day without ever writing a ticket

Monks

First off I would move hunting spots. If this guy is walking his dogs out there all the time prob not where you want to hunt?!?

Inform MNR about the DB and Hun somewhere else. Millions of hectares of crown land to hunt, so why even deal with this clown.

• Like 1

scandiman

I would likely move spots. I'm not sure a CO could do anything about it unless your buddy was actually hunting in the blind when the douche bag showed up to harass him.

Nnev

If a guy walks his dog on public land you really can't say much. If he stops and makes funny faces at the cam well... it's kinda funny... I've often thought of mooning a cam for the hell of it when I find them in the bush. I just try to stay clear of the area in the future after that. The deer hide is another story. Frankly I think it's over the top ignorant and question his mental stability.

• Like 1