• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman08

Private Property

Fisherman08

You know, it never ceases to amaze me, how arrogant people can be when it comes to private property and the sense of entitlement they think they have to hunt on it even when it's not posted. With exclusive permission that I have to this said property, I have not been able to get into it this week because of these a!!h!LES. Never fear though I got your make model And licence plate number of your truck, and it will be forwarded onto the owners. Maybe a couple of years of no hunting rights being taken away from you might change you tune. Highly doubt it though.

That's all I have to say....

Fisherman08

This property is owned, and I have been hunting it for a couple of years now.

Bear

If the owner gives you permission to exclusively hunt the property and will give you a letter as such, you become an "agent". This gives you the power to tell unauthorized persons to leave the property immediately or call the OPP to have them charged.

Read Section 2 of the Trespass to Property Act, if you get a chance. You can also do a Google search or refer to this link. Hope this helps.

http://legalline.ca/legal_answers/ontario/private_investigation/surveillance/trespassing_on_someone_s_property.html

Bear

• Like 1

Monks

I always use this site: http://www.giscoeapp.lrc.gov.on.ca/CLUPA/Index.html?site=CLUPA&viewer=CLUPA&locale=en-US along with google maps to scout out my hunting spots. Yellow areas are green lights to me:)

I wouldn't be using that logic from this site to go hunting. Many of the yellow areas show up as crown land but are not. Some are different parks, city and or municipal property and many have varying designations that may show up as crown but are private. The only way to be sure is to check with the Land Registry office in your area. I checked a few areas the last couple areas from this site that appeared as crown land, they were not.

arvey

I hunt on private land owned by a relative. we run into this all the time ,at one time it was a trail to a steelhead spot you had to cross his property to get to it. people didn't give a crap . all kinds of crap has happened over the years everything form burning a car to me finding a camp fire unattened by the river at 7 in the morning. he also owns on the other side of the road which is posted and people still drive right by without even asking. if you confront them they get pissed .