• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TroutHunter

Great Deal for the Price!

TroutHunter

So I recently purchased a trail cam/SD card reader combo pack from Sportsman's Guide. I picked it up from Ryden's earlier in the week and am overall happy with what I bought. SD card reader is the main reason I bought the combo pack, trail cam was just a bonus. SD reader is easy to use, shows great images on the screen, only downfall is the buttons make a subtle clicking sound when pressed... hopefully it won't spook any deer. Trail cam works as needed. Daytime picture quality is good, nighttime photos are good too, but some are a bit blurry. I suppose you get what you pay for... If anyone is looking for an SD card reader, I feel this is a good one, with a bonus trail cam.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/wildgame-innovations-cloak-camera-and-viewer-package?a=1848916

What are you guys using in the field, if anything, to check pics?? I have been using my laptop but am always too anxious to wait to get home to check them.

Cheers,

Adam

post-1911-0-32955500-1447353450_thumb.jp

post-1911-0-93428300-1447353476_thumb.jp

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

TroutHunter

I'm wayyyy too anxious to wait till i get home!

I usually carry and extra card, switch cards then head to the blind.

I plug this into my phone and kill some time. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9738356&CatId=942

I agree, you can never have too many SD cards!! I think I have 5 in total, 3 in the field and 2 spares to switch out when i check cams/put out feed... I thought about one of the readers that plug into your phone, but I'm rocking the old iPhone 4 after my samsung took a swim earlier in the fall... screen is kinda small compared to what Im used to with the larger Samsung haha.

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Nnev

I agree, you can never have too many SD cards!! I think I have 5 in total, 3 in the field and 2 spares to switch out when i check cams/put out feed... I thought about one of the readers that plug into your phone, but I'm rocking the old iPhone 4 after my samsung took a swim earlier in the fall... screen is kinda small compared to what Im used to with the larger Samsung haha.

Well I have another suggestion then. Samsung s5 Active. After I my first droid took a drink and busted up 2 iphone screens I bought this and it's made it past 1 fishing season and almost a full hunting season. Water proof, shock proof... I don't even use a case and it's holding up awesome.

Guest Beamer

I use my camera, switch out cards while going in and view them while in the stand, just for entertainment

Monks

I just use my video camera, or my camera, both are usually with me in hunts or scouting anyways

pbear

I bought a unit that plugs into the iPad. It was about $40 at staples. It will not work with my iPhone unfortunately so I have to borrow my kids iPad mini whenever I want to check it out. I think it's called a lightning adapter