• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Monks

Pressure is On!

Monks

Well; last week of my favourite time of year is among us. The 2 big bucks I have been after have narrowly avoided my freezer. Moved some stands for the winter hunt that is not occurring. Nice to sit in my fall clothing and not the Heater Body Suit, but wow. No snow makes for my favourite time to hunt even more difficult. Looks like the fresh snow spot and stalk is off for this year. On the bright side saw some young bucks  chasing does this eve, but it was by younger bucks. 

Good Luck everyone on the last week!

After this, only thing left is ice fishing :( till the spring

That spot and stalk is something Ive read about (the Benoits). How do you manage it around here with the thick brush ?

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Ya this lack of snow putting a real damper on the ole spot and stalk...

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Monks
On December 9, 2015 at 8:16 AM, Hidinginatree said:

That spot and stalk is something Ive read about (the Benoits). How do you manage it around here with the thick brush ?

Need soft snow, mocassins and if the snow is deep some good snow shoes. It's actually more following terrain than the track. See where the track is heading and then use then terrain to your advantage. It's painfully slow, a step or two and look for a minute, continue. Instead of looking for movement look for a deer bedding. I spot and  stalk with a bow so if I see the deer moving usually to late. Best thing is to try it. And try it after the season but with a camera. You will  learn a lot about the deer movement in your area and it is a much better way to spend the off season than ice fishing ;) 

10 hours ago, Monks said:

Need soft snow, mocassins and if the snow is deep some good snow shoes. It's actually more following terrain than the track. See where the track is heading and then use then terrain to your advantage. It's painfully slow, a step or two and look for a minute, continue. Instead of looking for movement look for a deer bedding. I spot and  stalk with a bow so if I see the deer moving usually to late. Best thing is to try it. And try it after the season but with a camera. You will  learn a lot about the deer movement in your area and it is a much better way to spend the off season than ice fishing ;) 

Thanks  for the info. Do you use a scope. Scope was useless over the weekend !