• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

68camaro

Lac Des Mille Lac Ice Report

spinnfly

Was out yesterday at Pine Point.  Fishing was very slow. 

Spinnfly.  

Porkchop21

How much ice at pine point? I heard a rumour that they were not letting people on the lake due to ice conditions. I usually go west from pine point but not sure if I should due to the winter we have been having. 

wampa

Also curious about Pine Point.  Are there any shacks out there at all?  How much ice?

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

RatherBeFishin

I know of two different groups who went out from pine point yest. I am not sure how the ice depth was but i know that they did go out. Apparently it was a slushy mess so they just walked out from landing. 

ribneck

I was out at pine point on Monday the first spot I went to fish was brutal there was 6 inches of water on the ice with about 6 more inches of slush. There was about 14-16 inches of ice when I came back to the landing there was a truck that drove out on the ice so they are definitely let people on. As for shacks there was one pulled out to the islands to the left and about 8-10 shacks at the point. 

zr500

went to pine point Thursday. Fishing was really slow, yes there shack out, there was no water and little slush, about half an auger of ice maybe 18 or so inch didn't messure.  Only slush I seen was close to islands in the deep snow

2nd2no1

This is my 1st year out at Lac... When do ppl start pulling shacks off the lake? Is this just a warm winter or is the ice road anyways like that?

SHACKS LANDING

It has been a terrible year for the ice conditions and normally isn't like this. As for pulling shacks off this year I would pull off very soon even this weekend while there is still safe ice unless you are getting one of the track machines to pull it off. You have to watch the weather and use good judgement. Be safe out there and GOOD FISHIN"

Thefishleclair

Hows the road holding up out to Coffin Island?

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Jerr454

Road is good. Little wet spot by birch other then that is good. Couple buddies came off lastnite and were at coffin

Thefishleclair

Thanks for the Info

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

hank

Came off the ice around 10:00 am Friday. The road is good to Birch but not so good just past. Was going to take the shack off but can't, there is too much water at Birch. Have to let temps to drop later this week. Ken from shacks landing thinks later this week will be okay if everyone stays off the blocked off road. Best to take sleds this weekend.

mikejson

Am I reading the last update right? Did they block off the road past Birch?  Or is there a section they are preserving for the cold weather?

I know it says we should take sleds but can a truck get out to coffin? Last 2 reports are confusing me :)

I guess I can call...

canoefisher

Your truck better have exceptional clearance. The slush hole past birch is brutal. Better to let it freeze or use a sled.

hank

Ken blocked the old section off so it can freeze. As long as nobody tries to drive on it  we should be fine this week. And yes the slush hole will only get worse as the traffic goes through all weekend. You may get to your shack, but not get back. So bring the sled as back up. Fair warning.

Thefishleclair

Hows the road after the weekend?

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Jerr454

Road is great no water anywhere. Just one rough spot by birch that will freeze up with this cold temps. Couple deep ruts but u can crawl through it. 

mikejson

That hole by birch is pretty crappy. I don't have a lift on my truck, but it's a dodge, so one of the higher makes out of the factory. I smacked my diff 3-4 times going through that hole, and bottomed out 2 times.

Great thing is, the folks at Shacks Landing have the old road beside that hole blocked off and plan to open it up later this week. It will make for great conditions to pull shacks off the lake.

The road was plowed Sunday morning but all this wind and light snow is making drifts everywhere.

Shout out to the Shacks Landing owners, in my opinion they have done a good job. Answering machine with a condition update, along with them being out every Sunday morning plowing... good job guys!

• Like 1

hank

Went out and took the shack off this morning. The road was very good after all the wind, Ken did a good job opening it back up. The slush hole at Birch is frozen, but will get soft with the warm temps coming. Now is your chance to get them off before having to pay for a track truck to take it off. Good luck to all.

Porkchop21

Anyone been to pine point lately? Looking for any updates on ice conditions. I usually go on the lake at the landing and go right a few miles. Hoping the ice is safe down that way? 

mikejson

I just got back from pulling my shack off. Road is really good from birch out to coffin.

There are 2 slush holes just off the landing that appeared during this cold weather. Those holes are going to get nasty throughout the weekend. I bottomed out on one spot this afternoon.

offroader
5 hours ago, Porkchop21 said:

Anyone been to pine point lately? Looking for any updates on ice conditions. I usually go on the lake at the landing and go right a few miles. Hoping the ice is safe down that way? 

Just got back from 3 days at Pine Point/Open Bay. 18" good ice with a few slush spots in bays. Should be all good until mid March or so, although the bite was very poor.   

Sugar Shack

ken and I  will be going out tomorrow to plow around the wet spot the rest of the road is in good shape going to be a nice weekend so get out and go fishing and enjoy the great white north spring fishing is the best

• Like 4

icehuts.html