• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grounds Keeper Willie

.303 Savage

Grounds Keeper Willie

Hello everyone 

I was just wondering if anybody knows where I could find ammo for a .303 savage in town? Any help is always appreciated. 

Thanks!

AGGGH

300shortmag

You can try Cal Prichard.  Prichard gun repair 122 Martha street  344-4423

eyelander

There is also GMK Armoury at the corner of Court and John Street in the Arnone Trucking complex.

http://gmkarms.ca/

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

smokerscully1

I know a guy in Minnesota with 7 bullets in .303 Savage--he was offered $30 each for 'em seems they really hard to find--even reloads

Kamhillbilly

I looked for some earlier this year no luck .

randomheroj

i have three boxes of factory loaded lol that ill probably never shoot 

• Like 1

arvey

is that the same gun you swap out barrels and put a 410 barrel on?

Grounds Keeper Willie

Hey Arvey sorry for the late response I haven't been checking the gun forum lately. It's a savage 99A with heavy barrel made in 1908. The calibre was made for the rcmp but I believe the Winchester 94 is the gun that took over so the .303 savage wasn't as popular after that and the ammo was made until the 1980s when it became harder to find and eventually discontinued. It really is a beautiful piece. The rear stock was replaced to compliment the Lyman sight. The original sight was removed for this to happen. The gun is a collector but it shows some use over the past century so I'm not going to put it up on the wall if I can find ammo and still shoot it or hunt with it from time to time. It's in excellent condition but it's not mint shape by any means. It's a really fun and interesting gun/calibre.

AGGGH

arvey

found out that my daughters husband has a 303 savage , it's called a back packer you can swap the barrel out and put in a 410 barrel. he said hornaby makes the shells. I would figure that they still would be hard to get.

MDR

I could have sworn I saw some ammo for this in the gas station next to the public school in Kakabeka. I don't recall it being .303 brit (thats what I was looking for). Don't quote me on it but it is worth a shot...or at least a phone call.

***It was actually .300 savage. Best of luck finding some .303 savage!

arvey

did some research it looks like they are close to a 308 hornady sells dies . it says 303 savage and in brackets 308. also in the c.a.t.f. news it shows brass and bullet heads for sale. again in brackets for the bullets it says 308 diameter. to bad here in thunder bay we live in a dome.

tna0066

I have a .303 Savage as well, gifted to me from my father in law, haven't looked for rounds for quite some time...did you have any luck?

arvey
11 hours ago, tna0066 said:

I have a .303 Savage as well, gifted to me from my father in law, haven't looked for rounds for quite some time...did you have any luck?

The only time I've seen rounds for them is at a local gun show and I think they were 70 - 90 bucks a box way to much to shoot and not be able to replace or reload.

Kamhillbilly

I have one also makes a nice wall hanger now , I have a few rounds left . If you watch the Canadian gun auctions sometimes they have the odd box but like mentioned very pricey .I have the same problem with my .280 Ross obsolete ammo .