• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Yammy

New to lower shebandewon need help

Yammy

New camper to lower shebandewon haven't had much luck other then one or two keepers yet I keep hearing how fishing is pretty good looking for some advice on decent spots to fish in the summer more importantly ice fishing, any good ice fishing in this lake or should I look to near by lakes?? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks!!!

fishman1

My advice would be to try a different lake.lower shebs is pounded and not that good anymore. 

Trevor Zimak

I hear the bass have taken over and killed all the walleye? lol  :unsure::wacko:

• Like 2

Yammy

Lol sounds good makes me feel a lot better... Was starting to think I have forgotten how to fish!😖

Lyle Reiner

Ya theres no walleye in shebs.  All thats left are those stupid bass 

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

tatoudsuzuki

Does anyone know if their are any rules/laws in place stopping someone from having a sleep shack on the ice out there? On any part of the lake, lower mud or upper.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I don't think you can fish near zimak islands.

Pretty much year round. In middle. 

He will call you out on it.

• Like 2

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Trevor Zimak

There are restrictions near the swamp river, greenwater river, Kash river, and the bottom half of sawmill bay in the top part of upper.... but they only apply starting April 1st (no fishing zones April 1st-June 1st)  As for a shack restrictions - I don't believe there are any.

Resource Pimp

Ice fishing is lean on Sheban till the witching hour. You'll get your most action then. But you could starve to death if you're depending on catching  lol.  No regs on shacks, have only ever seen one out here

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

James01

I was on Shebs yesterday... and caught one little pike. I did not see much (or any) sign of people ice fishing. I do not get it, big lake with a surprising amount of fish in it. I will try again, and stay a little later next time (seems the fishing is the same on that lake be it summer or winter - fish in the evening). By evening I was exploring the trails around the mine and between middle and upper. There is good sledding in the area... but a lot of slush on the lake. I hit water once. I assume(d) it was just slush, but was not slowing down to find out. I hit the throttle, hit 70-80 mph, and got out of there in a hurry. 

Fish or no fish (or one little pike, which is not all that different), it was still nice to be out.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Bobber Down

There are plenty of nice Walleye in Shebandewan. Just gotta know how and where to fish em. Watch this video from the Linders Angling Edge. Not an ice fishing show but you may recognise locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fW70D6jTo

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Yammy

Great vid thanks for sharing it with me. Makes me happy to know there are fish in shabs

James01
22 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

There are plenty of nice Walleye in Shebandewan. Just gotta know how and where to fish em. Watch this video from the Linders Angling Edge. Not an ice fishing show but you may recognise locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-fW70D6jTo

Ha ha ha... I do recognize spots. Actually, at least one of those spots is a 'secret spot' of my brother-in-laws. Wait until he hears that is was featured on a major American fishing show. ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

James01
21 hours ago, Yammy said:

Great vid thanks for sharing it with me. Makes me happy to know there are fish in shabs

Yammy... we (my fishing partners and I) have caught a 20'ish lbs pike, walleye up to 10 lbs (or more), and several 4+ lbs bass in Shebandowan. In fact, a season or two ago I had a bass that might have challenged the Ontario record take a few swipes at the Zara Spook I was fishing, and follow it right to the boat. I have never seen such a big smallmouth (even on t.v.). 

• Like 1

- Henry David Thoreau

Shebs 2014..

This guy ate all the walleye...true story.

Couldn't measure it but I'm 6 ft1.

Big gator

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Fishbum
3 hours ago, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

Shebs 2014..

This guy ate all the walleye...true story.

Couldn't measure it but I'm 6 ft1.

Big gator

image.jpeg

AND!!!....  This is this guys idea of a bass tournament ... I've actually seen it done twice now .... 😞  It's just got to be the sparkly boat 

• Like 1

It's not sparkles. 

Metallic flake!!

Trevor Zimak

THAT'S MY SPOT! 

• Like 1

Yammy

That's a big pike, must of been quite a fight!

Lyle Reiner

Ya ive had a few bass over 5 there. ..lost em all at the side of the boat tho8

• Like 2

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Bobber Down

4402165.jpg

• Like 3

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Yammy
On January 26, 2016 at 1:56 PM, James01 said:

Yammy... we (my fishing partners and I) have caught a 20'ish lbs pike, walleye up to 10 lbs (or more), and several 4+ lbs bass in Shebandowan. In fact, a season or two ago I had a bass that might have challenged the Ontario record take a few swipes at the Zara Spook I was fishing, and follow it right to the boat. I have never seen such a big smallmouth (even on t.v.). 

What part of shebandewon are you fishing? Lower or middle?

James01

Yammy... I (or rather we) fish both.  It is upper that we seldom venture to - which is unfortunate as I do want to see and fish more of it.

- Henry David Thoreau