• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
walleyeman

2016 moose opener

walleyeman

Does anybody know if the moose season is gonna open thanksgiving weekend like usual or is it going to be 1 week later .. i hears a rumour that this year was a week later??

RatherBeFishin

1 week later as far as i have been told. 

The reason behind also from what i have been told is due to the fact that alot of the prime bulls r still rutting and vulnerable into the first week of gun season so there is more moose than usual getting taken in that first week. Something else was said about the calves are being born later then usual and thus come winter they r younger then previous years and have tougher survival rates. So something about this week of less pressure so the animals can bread and get it done so that calves arent born to late. I believe i may have botched this abit. But from what i was told it all kinda seemed like a good idea in my point of view. 

Foozer

I like the theory that prime breeders will get a week of unharassed movement during the rut.

Most cows are bred during mid-Sept to early Oct as calves need to be born Apr/May for best chance of survival.  If cows are not bred during their first cycle it pushes back calving to May/Jun or even July.  Not much time for them to grow and put on fat before the winter.  

I'm Not a fan of being delayed a week before getting out and having it be more difficult for calling a bull to work.  But, we'll just have to find other ways to locate 'em.  I'm just happy to get the opportunity to go.

I support what needs to be done to help the herd recuperate.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....