• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red_Nuck

"deeper" sonar...anybody try it?

Red_Nuck

Has anyone tried the "deeper" Bluetooth sonar or anything like it? 

eyelander

I have this one, bought it last year and used it a couple of ice fishing trips. Works just fine. I have the software on my iPhone and my iPad Mini for walk-in trips.

I like it a lot for its portability. Last summer I took it in to work at Lakehead University and tried it out in the lake just to check water depths and see how far the wireless would work.

My work bud threw it out about 100 ft. and slowly pulled it back in while we watched the screen, and it worked just fine. I will have to do more testing with it to be able to make any more comments on it, but I love it so far.

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

SherpaJ
6 hours ago, eyelander said:

I have this one, bought it last year and used it a couple of ice fishing trips. Works just fine. I have the software on my iPhone and my iPad Mini for walk-in trips.

I like it a lot for its portability. Last summer I took it in to work at Lakehead University and tried it out in the lake just to check water depths and see how far the wireless would work.

My work bud threw it out about 100 ft. and slowly pulled it back in while we watched the screen, and it worked just fine. I will have to do more testing with it to be able to make any more comments on it, but I love it so far.

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/

So how deep is Tamblyn?! 

eyelander

it is only 3 ft. deep for the most part with a slightly deeper channel near the fish ladder.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Red_Nuck

So I did some more research and came across the fish hunter 3d....features are pretty wild! It's on sale on Amazon.ca right now for anyone else interested in something like this. 

It'll map the bottom for you, but what sold it for me is that you can cast it out, enter the distance it's starting at, reel it on and it'll map it out and save the image. I'd go on, but I'm no sales rep :P

adam_k

I have that fish hunter 3D it's awsome I use it out lake trout fishing and it works great. I wanted to buy the deeper but it's 100$ more so I went with the cheaper option that does the same and maybe more!

Red_Nuck

I went with the hunter 3d for the same reason, pumped to try it for both ice fishing and the 3d mapping. It's also made by a couple guys in Toronto!

Any issues with it so far?

adam_k

nothing so far I used it today out lake trout fishing and caught some nice fish with it! I really like that it has its own wifi signal so you don't need to use your data or Bluetooth on ur cell phone when it's being used.