• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Yammy

Bays end ice conditions

Yammy
On February 23, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Jayfishin said:

Parked at plowed area just before Sare Rd. Then sledded in. Trail/road was good. Ice / snow was solid today. No slush. Ventured about a km or so down sibley shoreline. Fished from 30 to 60 ft of water. Lost two whitefish half way to the surface that I hooked near bottom. Lots of whitefish looking at my baits on flasher but no lakers. I had three older locals stop by that were headed farther along sibley shoreline supposedly looking for '150ft of water'. They went quite aways past me.  Ice varied from a solid 12 to 20" but was making some decent shifting noises while out today. Beauty day out there. Going to have to do some more exploring I guess, first time out there on ice.

Jay 

Guys were catchin Lakers yesterday literally 50' if that from shore, said they were looking for whitefish in the shallows but we're hitting lakers all afternoon

• Like 1

AmateurHourAngling

Is she gunna be safe for the weekend?

-JADEN

Yammy

I'd be cautious going out but I think the ice should be fine was pretty thick and gets pretty cold at night

flyndie22

I went out to 30 40 feet and there was about 15 inches of good ice should be good for this weekend had some good fun 

AmateurHourAngling

What do you guys find more effective for your herring, not asking for specifics just more of the category of lure. Small spoon, Buckshots, A fly, jig heads etc etc

-JADEN

Yammy

Herring will virtually bite anything that's not to big it's mostly about presentation. Spoons have generally been my favored lure for them

Steinhoff

I've been doing really well using the secret spinners you can only get from rockwood baits tipped with a small minnow head or tail. I just pinch the minnows in half and use either end. Takes a bit for them to get down there but they sure work. 

AmateurHourAngling

Any ice ?

-JADEN