• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Bunnyfoofoo

2016 Smelts

flyndie22

Has anybody went out for smelts yet id imagine there gonna be running this weekend with the extra flow and nice weather

Outsider

Hi, new to TBay and would really like to go smelts.  Is there somenone willing to let me tag along?

Thanks

Zackcorbin1401

I seen someone at mcvickers around noon with a smelt net no clue if they had anything

MasterBaiter807

I took a ride out to Mackenzie last night, nothing but ice chunks in the net.

Outsider

don't the smelts only run when dark outside?  Would you be able to catch some during the day?

JohnZ

The major runs are at night, but it is possible to find them during the day. During the day they are usually not going up river, they sit in the deep pools. 

Bunnyfoofoo

any news

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Wopfisher

went and dipped a net In at current river and mcvickers didn't get anything will probably try again in a couple days 

Smeltin'Smitherz05

I had a great time last year at the McKenzie Rivers' mouth.. Wore some chest waders and went out to about my hips and caught heaps! I think that's where I'll be going again this year. Night was by far the best time... Has anyone seen any sign of them at all yet?

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Running in the Sault...wont be long...maybe even this weekend!

• Like 1

Bunnyfoofoo

looking for some square chicken wire to make a couple of stiff nets, seen some FINS with some and thought it would be a good project. They did quite well i might add!!

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Zackcorbin1401

I'm going to head out and try tonight il let you all know how it goes

Zackcorbin1401

Got a whole lot of nothing at Mckenzie tonight:)

Bunnyfoofoo

snap ...soon tho

offroader

Perhaps running by this weekend

Bunnyfoofoo

Talked with China-mart today and was told no smelt nets are coming in unless they are at the last minute. Unless they have no idea what is going on,we will see

Zackcorbin1401

Went and tried at mcvickers last night and didn't get anything

Bunnyfoofoo

As i waited for the light to change I glance over at the common parking snake of cars usually by Vicars creek, as i turn the corner i see many cars...i say to myself the time has come are they here...I park quickly and head down the path..I am visited by lights hovering in the thicket and laughter and the sounds of nets hitting bottom.  I reach the creek and see a man and his child both with smiles, I ask anything caught are they here? No not yet he said as he dragged the bottom hoping to get just one. As i look down to the lake there are more lights and laughter, i make my way down and poke in along the way to see if there has been any luck "nothing yet" they say so i continue on. I see a group of guys at the end some decked out in hip waders and some with the oh so daring shoe and sock!!!!!! The same story here "NONE" they say. So at least 30 were there with nets and buckets and hopes for a good feed, there is tomorrow and another chance to hope, you never know they might start at 2AM lets wait and see.......Not for this Bunny, as i was leaving more were driving in and parking well as i eat my apple pie in the warmth of the house i know all to well when they are running ill be freezing to!

• Like 1

Bunnyfoofoo

Still nada   soon. i caught the tummy flu so im still catching...

Domer

The run had officially begun. Slow going.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Northoman

Fished Mc Vic last night for about 1/2 hr around 10:30 and got nothing but net. 

Soon. 

PRO V

...........appreciate the updates guys.

Mike

Outsider

Is tonight the night to go or wait till tomorrow night?  When is the best time  (10:30pm, 2Am) to go?  Thanks

Sorry all new to this?