• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

STEELHEAD

Lyle Reiner

Are they running in the mac yet??

Just got my new bowfishing rig.  Cant wait to get some steel.

Just kiddin...can we get some open water yet?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

ghart

Opening up outside Thunderbay last week - 

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

gsambray

There's about six inches of open water on the legal side of the signs on the needing at the school

Fishbum

Lyle you better just stick to bass and pike... Oh wait you can't catch them either ... Superstore sells good fish tho ... 😂😂😂

• Like 4

ghart

Theres always superstore

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

James01

Bowfishing?  Come on Lyle, be sporting - big three prong hooks are the way to go. 

Its getting to that time of year again, when TBF becomes a battle ground and Roger's life becomes difficult. 

I would be happy to hear when and where people are catching/seeing fish. Secret spots only please, as I don't want to do all the hard work of finding them myself. ;)

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Grounds Keeper Willie

Some more open water way out in front of the city. Still quite a bit early for steelhead. 

AGGGH

fishman1

I must admit, those steelhead fisherman are in a league of their own!

it doesnt take much skill to catch bass and walleye.

Fishbum

And that puts stud and Lyle in which category? ... 😁 Ouch !   Maybe they better buy an apron and stay in the kitchen lmao 🙈

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Standing balls deep in 50 deg water not my thing.

Enjoy the run.

Will be fishing rainy river early April anyways . standing on casting deck staring at a 9 inch screen . warm and dry.

• Like 4

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Lyle Reiner

Yup. This is my kinda river fishin

IMG_0933.jpg

• Like 1

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

thefisher
18 hours ago, Fishbum said:

And that puts stud and Lyle in which category? ... 😁 Ouch !   Maybe they better buy an apron and stay in the kitchen lmao 🙈

Stud is your tournament partner , so you would be in the same "ca

tegory" then lol. Can't wait to wet those waders !

fishman1
On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

Standing balls deep in 50 deg water not my thing.

Enjoy the run.

Will be fishing rainy river early April anyways . standing on casting deck staring at a 9 inch screen . warm and dry.

Fishing in a boat in apil can be very col and unenjoyable as well!

fishing steelhead in 50 degree water? 

No wonder you couldnt catch them, you were a month late!

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
15 hours ago, thefisher said:

Stud is your tournament partner , so you would be in the same "ca

tegory" then lol. Can't wait to wet those waders !

Careful how you word that. 

Lol  . " wet those waders"

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

scandiman

Steelhead schmeelhead. Just a waiting game now to see who gets pissy first about people talking about the top secret fishing spots of this top secret fish lol

• Like 2

James01

It would not be Steelhead season without it, Scandiman... can't wait for the fish and for the entertainment. Although, I do feel a little sorry for Roger. A "little sorry," not a lot, just a little. If I really felt sorry for him I wouldn't post threads like "fish are in the rivers" - purposefully not naming Steelhead (I thought it was a smart way of getting around the "NO Steelhead talk" rule at the time). I may have even posted on Kijiji once or twice about Steelhead.

So yeah... can't wait for the fish, and can't wait to see who gets "pissy" first. Personally, I think Steelhead are a great opportunity for people in the community to access an exciting fishing opportunity. I did it as a kid, and I would like to see more kids out doing it and doing the things I did - like stumbling down the MacIntyre between the College and University, fishing on the walk bridge over the pool on the golf course, catching the odd sucker (I may have thrown a few of those in Dease Pool once or twice ;)), fishing the Neebing at the weir and at the dam, etc., etc. I grew up in Fort William, so my exploits were reserved to areas I could ride my bike to carrying a rod. I imagine a lot of Port Arthur kids did the same, but in the Current and McVicars. 

The MacIntyre and other such places are just such a great opportunity, the fishing in it can't be the sole resource or right of a few club members or 'Steelheaders.' How do we preserve a sport/pastime we all love if we are pushing people away from it? 

• Like 2

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

arvey

ohoh somebody is looking for a keyboard black eye. lolol.

James01
35 minutes ago, arvey said:

ohoh somebody is looking for a keyboard black eye. lolol.

Of course you mean Scandiman, right? :)

- Henry David Thoreau

fishman1

Actually last year was fairly tame after a few members were banned!

JohnZ

I wanted to try steelhead fishing this year... But the way I've heard people act I don't know if I should even bother. 

Bullshark
12 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

I wanted to try steelhead fishing this year... But the way I've heard people act I don't know if I should even bother. 

Why not? Sure some people are jerks...but that is life.  Most people are fine.  Honestly, I think most of the people who post about steelhead don't even fish for them, they just like stirring the pot. But hey, that is their prerogative.  While everyone is arguing on-line about them just remember, some people are actually out there catching fish.   

• Like 1

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

naden

I agree with fishman, last year was the most tame I've seen since joining the site and there was even a huge thread about the steelhead run without any arguments. Seems a few members leaving/quitting made a big difference so no point stirring the pot now, leave that stuff in the past.  

TroutHunter
55 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Don't let a few negative people persuade you not to fish... Steelhead fishing is an amazingly fun and addicting thing!  There are plenty of people out there who will be willing to offer some tips.  Just walk the banks of local rivers without a rod at first, watch people, and make some mental notes of their technique, or maybe ask if they can explain how or why they are doing a certain thing.  I've only been fishing them about 5yrs now and still have plenty to learn about it!  Some of my best learning was done by observing and not fishing.

Good luck and tight lines... 

• Like 2

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

spindilla1

There are plenty of spots to be had that don't have any people on the north shore of superior.  Don't worry about others and do what you want.  One you get the first steelhead on you will agree pound for pound one of the greatest fighting fish of all time.  Until you start fishing sea run.  : )

Good luck Pm me if you have any questions.  I've been steelheading and river fishing on the pin across Canada and across the world for that matter for over 20 years.

I was hassled by a board member last year when he made the assumption I was keeping my catch that was it and because of my choice of bait.  Why ask if your going to hate.

Anyway good luck.

arvey

I like to fish steelhead ,  I'm not an expert by any means. I mostly fish Mcvic because I have since I was a kid and have good memories of those days. like what has been said ounce you catch one look out you hooked him and now your hooked. if you want to keep one ( I know I do ) then go a head don't let anybody bully you it's your choice. the steelhead have a lot more problems than somebody not releasing it. you have pelicans , cormorant , salmon , a ballooning walleye population all fighting for the same food source . the best one of all is that hard core steel header that just yelled in your face for keeping one , catches a female milks it for it's eggs and lets it go. I don't care how delicate you milk them you have just taken how many out of the system.

just my unprofessional opinion.

• Like 2