• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

STEELHEAD

flyndie22

Steelhead 5 matt 0 found 1 spot lost 5 in a row ouch 

bin fishin lots

Did well this morning outta town. Nobody but me and the steelhead. Bite was hot! I'd post pics but no need to ruin that spot.

• Like 1

TroutHunter

Well i might be opening up a can of worms here, but I'm just curious of others opinions... While fishing today and noticed a few people fishing the same run for the entire day from the time i got there, to the time i left (give or take 5hrs).   I am not complaining (I'll nip that in the butt right away) because I just found other spots and had a good day on the water.  What are your opinions on this??

Tight lines!

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Clewis
5 hours ago, bin fishin lots said:

Did well this morning outta town. Nobody but me and the steelhead. Bite was hot! I'd post pics but no need to ruin that spot.

Toward nip or toward border? 

fishman1
2 hours ago, TroutHunter said:

Well i might be opening up a can of worms here, but I'm just curious of others opinions... While fishing today and noticed a few people fishing the same run for the entire day from the time i got there, to the time i left (give or take 5hrs).   I am not complaining (I'll nip that in the butt right away) because I just found other spots and had a good day on the water.  What are your opinions on this??

Tight lines!

Yes, And 2 hours before light to get the hole. ( pump house)? Drove by at 7 pm and still there!

1 Hour in that water for me today, leak in the waders, that was enough!

but no time limit on fishing holes.

but I understand your frustration.

NoUseForAName_GW

A lot of camping on runs while the water is high like this.  It is what it is.  There are so few spots to land fish, but lots of places to hookup.   I've lost a lot of fish due to the current and bad bank position. So, when your on a good run, that is easy to land fish it can be tough to leave.   If I'm on a productive area,   I tend to offer to let people fish close to me or sit back for a few minutes and let them hookup too.  Assuming they start up a conversation and seem pleasant.       If they seem like an *ss they can just move along.  Lol.

• Like 1

Gavin

bin fishin lots

I was east of town. Goin again this morning to see how the girlfriend fairs at steelheading. I'll just sit on the bank, tie hooks, get snags out, and help her land and release fish.

• Like 1

Smeltin'Smitherz05
14 hours ago, I❤️Specks said:

Toward nip or toward border? 

From what I've gathered, eastward has been the hotter area to go.. I may get out and try going east myself this weekend 👍🏻

• Like 2

Snotrocket

How's everyone steelhead season going? Hope it's a good one :)

brookiebuster

Fished a few spots east of town. Low clear water all spooky fish. Fished small egg flys and nymphs still spooked fish. Fun watching a dozen bows stacked up in a small pool.

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

walleyewarrior

My season has been fantastic. Lots of fish caught and lots of fish lost. Well said bobber down. Practice catch and release. If you need eggs go grab a few pink salmon in the fall. There are so many of them in the rivers in the fall time and their eggs work just as good. They are great smoked as well. 

• Like 4

Keegan4

Went east of town today, just fished spoons and spinners and caught nothing

Smeltin'Smitherz05
2 hours ago, walleyewarrior said:

Also I should've mentioned what good experiences I've had on the rivers this year and it's been in huge part to the people I've met. Often you hear the bad about people when you go fishing. Especially during the steelhead run.  I've spent the past few mornings fishing along side 4 different people I had never met before. We shared the pools, netted each other's fish, shared the different techniques we were using and shared stories of past fishing experiences. It doesn't hurt to pass the knowledge you've acquired over the years and you can always pick up a few new tricks yourself. Everyone likes to catch fish! The people I've met have really turned this into an amazing start to my steelhead season. 

I agree 100%!! You never know if your conversations or advice turn into another family spreading tradition.. Happy to have read that post :)

Blackfootbaits

Well said Trevor.  It's great to see the younger generation getting excited about the sport.  We should all be taking more youngsters fishing.

Bruce

RatherBeFishin
1 hour ago, Trevor Zimak said:

If there was complaining, I would say the post is ridiculous!!  It doesn't seem like anybody is complaining anyways so far, but no one should be. The people who were fishing this pool were 16 and 17 year old kids... (one of which just got his G2 and a 'beater' truck to drive and go fishing).  All three of these kids stayed up at one boy's house and got up at 5am excited because it was a PD day and they did not have to go to school... instead getting to fish all day.  I have a three things to say: 

(1) People want the best pool, then they should get their A$$ up at 430am and beat everyone else to the river for the best run/spot.... otherwise too bad!

(2) Kudos for this kids for having some actual ambition to do something productive and not sleeping in til noon, then playing on those stupid cell phones, or "gaming" on those loser boxes aka. x-box or whatever they are called now. OR... get drunk or smoking dope at some party the night before. 

(3) This is no different than fishing on a lake... if a boat is on a hump I want to fish... well then I go to the next one... plain and simple. 

So my opinion... fish where, when, and how long you want.

Couldnt agree more !!! 

Nailed it 100% !!! 

TroutHunter
2 hours ago, Trevor Zimak said:

If there was complaining, I would say the post is ridiculous!!  It doesn't seem like anybody is complaining anyways so far, but no one should be. The people who were fishing this pool were 16 and 17 year old kids... (one of which just got his G2 and a 'beater' truck to drive and go fishing).  All three of these kids stayed up at one boy's house and got up at 5am excited because it was a PD day and they did not have to go to school... instead getting to fish all day.  I have a three things to say: 

(1) People want the best pool, then they should get their A$$ up at 430am and beat everyone else to the river for the best run/spot.... otherwise too bad!

(2) Kudos for this kids for having some actual ambition to do something productive and not sleeping in til noon, then playing on those stupid cell phones, or "gaming" on those loser boxes aka. x-box or whatever they are called now. OR... get drunk or smoking dope at some party the night before. 

(3) This is no different than fishing on a lake... if a boat is on a hump I want to fish... well then I go to the next one... plain and simple. 

So my opinion... fish where, when, and how long you want.

As mentioned in the initial post, I was not complaining, just looking for opinions... I caught fish elsewhere on the river and watched these grown men sit in the same spot and have the same success i did. There's plenty of fish to be had.

• Like 1

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

kbrest

I'm one of those guys awake at 4am and on the river. I have several spots that produce for me consistently. If someone's awake early and sits in a spot all day because he's catching fish and its a great spot I have no issues with that. I may stop and chat or move on to another spot, plenty of holding areas. Today I basically rotated out of 3 spots, started consistently hooking fish in one spot so I stuck around for a few hours as I only seen a few other guys, when it appeared to get busier I left to another spot to allow for others to get in on the action. I agree with Trevor, its the same as a good walleye lake if your hardcore and wake up early get to the spot first and your catching fish? Then you've found your spot until the action dies. Others that decided to sleep in can find another spot and still catch fish. I don't see it as an issue at all.

• Like 2

Bunnyfoofoo

That's Fishing plain and simple.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Jelly Belly

Caught 1 so far. Been out in boat 3 times and trolled in front of a few rivers here on marathon.

gurneylake

Still a couple of openings left in May for cabin rental located in the heart of steelhead country. Cypress, Jack pine, Gravel rivers. 

Email: fireside@tbaytel.net

Phone/Text: 807-627-2741

Smeltin'Smitherz05

Had a great day on the waters today east of Thunder Bay, was amazed to see the journey those fish can make!! Found some nice creek/river systems that were very plentiful 👍🏻

• Like 1

AmateurHourAngling

Soo last season, My buddy & I decided to hit up Lake Tamblyn. We caught 4 fish..2 under 28" & 2 over 30". We released the 2 under 28 (I wore my sock over my hand since my glove floated away). We deemed the 2 over 30" to be unreleasable so we kept them. Their were a few other anglers there and upon us returning to the vehicle, one of the men called us a disgrace to fishing and another told us that we should learn proper fishing rights and not return to the river. I found it quite disturbing that 2 kids could go and keep fish well within the legal limit (was brought up with a CO afterwards) and get all kinda of hate from

other anglers..

• Like 1

-JADEN