• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

STEELHEAD

Castnblast
On May 2, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Bunnyfoofoo said:

Caught 4 released 4 all in a days fishing with may daughter.( caught on flies and roe)

Abbytrout2016.jpgTrout2016.jpg

Nice fish!

Thats awesome that you take your daughter out steelhead fishing!

Congratulations to the both of you.

• Like 1

Bunnyfoofoo

We love to fish and when she seen them in the water they hooked her......love to fish..

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

evanschmidt

Just wondering if enough steelhead actually make it up the current river fish ladder to make it worth fishing above boulevard for?

• Like 1

evanschmidt

Went to the Mac early this morning and got 0 steelhead but got 8 suckers...

JohnZ

Can you see the suckers in the water? Would be interesting to see them. 

Zackcorbin1401
41 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Can you see the suckers in the water? Would be interesting to see them. 

Depends where you go and the water conditions but you definitely can see them sometimes 

Bunnyfoofoo

Suckers are good to catch and eat.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

fisherdude

There's lots at the mouth of cr to. Usually u can see them everywhere on the Mac depending on the stage of the run.

Bunnyfoofoo

Had a great first time hunting for them, ill know more for next year.

Clewis
On 5/6/2016 at 6:18 PM, JohnZ said:

I would say no.

My friend caught one when going for specks last spring near centennial park. it's worth trying fish make it up, other people have caught them all the way to cascades. 

• Like 1

mad scientist
10 hours ago, I❤️Specks said:

My friend caught one when going for specks last spring near centennial park. it's worth trying fish make it up, other people have caught them all the way to cascades. 

Even the best designed and actively operated fish ladders only pass a small proportion of the fish that would go upstream under natural conditions. The Current River fish ladder definitely passes "some" steelhead, but the number that go in a given year depends a lot on water conditions and weather.  

• Like 2

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

trout.huntress

Suckers are running almost everywhere right now, and they are in the plenty!

bin fishin lots

Holy moly! Travelled near and far without finding one that will take. Lots are in the drop back stage and not biting. Strange brew! Got a few specks and suckers but the chrome eluded me!

Bunnyfoofoo

ya the last time i was at my spot the trout just looked at me and said "NO" so i went on to other fish types....till next year.

fisherdude

Just wondering if most people are still using yarn or roe or have switched over to worms,spinners or flies yet?

TroutHunter
1 hour ago, fisherdude said:

Just wondering if most people are still using yarn or roe or have switched over to worms,spinners or flies yet?

I was catching them on the fly (stone fly nymphs) a wk and a half ago... haven't been out since though. 

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

wampa
27 minutes ago, TroutHunter said:

I was catching them on the fly (stone fly nymphs) a wk and a half ago... haven't been out since though. 

What he said.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

fisherdude

Right on, il have to give it a try then. IV still just hin throwing yarn and roe but for the amount of fish IV bin seeing IV bin figuring it's time to switch it up and hope for a couple more hook ups. Still awhile to go☺️

brookiebuster

Swing a egg sucking leech and hold on.

• Like 1

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

bin fishin lots

I went natural roe and worm. But I got skunked on what Ontario outdoors calls steelhead highways! Ouch

fisherdude
22 hours ago, brookiebuster said:

Swing a egg sucking leech and hold on.

Thats great to hear, that was my plan for this evening haha

Zackcorbin1401

I was just fishing at current river and it's loaded with suckers everywhere I fished schools and schools of suckers

Clewis

Anyone having luck still? Sight fishing in low water? I've been successfull still, wondering what a go-to bait would be for clear water and spotting them. I've been successful on yarn flies so far for the low clear conditions 

fisherdude

I haven't gone in about a week but keep wanting to go try a few spots that I was still seeing tons in a week ago.