• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

STEELHEAD

Bunnyfoofoo

I am trying to catch one this year in the river, i will keep one and eat it. The thing is will i catch one Im no pro at the steel but i am willing to try. So many different rigs makes my mind melt, so i am going the easy way. Trying a 3 way setup and the float setup. Ill see what feels good to me but one good thing is every year ill try again and again there has to be a trout that will bite!

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

seppi
On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎14 at 1:20 AM, thefisher said:

Stud is your tournament partner , so you would be in the same "ca

tegory" then lol. Can't wait to wet those waders !

hahahahaha  Can't wait to wet your waders ,hope you're wearing depends !!

fishman1
On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Bunnyfoofoo said:

I am trying to catch one this year in the river, i will keep one and eat it. The thing is will i catch one Im no pro at the steel but i am willing to try. So many different rigs makes my mind melt, so i am going the easy way. Trying a 3 way setup and the float setup. Ill see what feels good to me but one good thing is every year ill try again and again there has to be a trout that will bite!

Dont overthink things, ITs not diffiCult.

Dont be afraid to ask advice from someone on the bank.

99 prcent of thr guys are great.

Or go to the next NSSA meeting.

• Like 1

toma-hawk

test

Bunnyfoofoo

Still a lot of ice, low water and only one other curious person due to the snow evidence, unless they had many pet Deer.

20160321_155205.jpg

20160321_155209.jpg

20160321_155429.jpg

20160321_155159.jpg

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Clewis

I have a friend visiting from ottawa on April 6th, we really want to go fishing. Not sure where i should take him. would there be any steelhead running up the tribs this early?? I haven't fished for steelhead a whole lot and don't remember much about when the runs start.. for early april would we be better off casting at mouths of rivers? any advice/spots would be appreciated. wanted to take him for smallmouth near sheb if the warm weather keeps up and the lakes open Lol.

shmanks
15 hours ago, I❤️Specks said:

I have a friend visiting from ottawa on April 6th, we really want to go fishing. Not sure where i should take him. would there be any steelhead running up the tribs this early?? I haven't fished for steelhead a whole lot and don't remember much about when the runs start.. for early april would we be better off casting at mouths of rivers? any advice/spots would be appreciated. wanted to take him for smallmouth near sheb if the warm weather keeps up and the lakes open Lol.

The water needs to get to a certain temp for the steelhead to come in and spawn. Judging by the amount of ice still on the rivers I doubt steelhead will be in the rivers by the 6th, looks like we will be at zero or just above for the next couple of weeks and I'm sure overnight it will be at least minus 10. You would be better off ice fishing just keep your eye on conditions of the lakes on this site.

• Like 2

Thefishleclair

Lots of steelies get caught with ice still on or around the rivers. Give the ole Neebing Ditch a try. Best bet for the Early ones. It always seems to produce before any of the other rivers in town.

• Like 2

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

therealfndeal

Seen a guy wetting a line in the wolf the other day and was also at the mouth of the cold water creek and got 4 bows through the ice 

• Like 2

Bunnyfoofoo

Went out the other day, no bites but got excited on a snag!!!!! Well you never know.

Im gonna go out there and say it(please be patient and understanding) When i bring my boys out they know there are things you DO and things you DON'T, Large sticks and rocks ice chucks snow balls stay on the ground NOT in Water enough said!( i know I'm complaining)

walleyewarrior

I've seen some pictures posted of early season Chrome. Just wonder what rivers might be producing this time of year. I know the local ones won't have fish yet. Just looking to kill some time and try some new places this week

Keegan4

It would be nice if the nights weren't as cold, and o get some warmer temps

Grounds Keeper Willie

Water temp isn't right yet. Once the rivers open there will be SOME  fish around but will be hard to get. Wait for the smelts to start things off. I'll be on the stocked speck lakes this spring more than the rivers. My waders are old and worn and I have other expenses to worry about this year. I'll wet a line or two for early Chrome tho. Still some time before the big run starts.

AGGGH

Bunnyfoofoo

Hooked a chromer today!!! Thought i had a snag, but once it tugged back I knew! Tight line, then  flash, flash in the water and then that chromer shot my hook at me! But missed and got the tree. Was a great feeling big flash cant say how big(This is where the stories Start) the fish was, I'll have to catch'em and then ill know. On the other hand my fingers were so cold, but i didn't notice till i got in the car, priorities EH! Will try again tomorrow.

Clewis
14 hours ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

Hooked a chromer today!!! Thought i had a snag, but once it tugged back I knew! Tight line, then  flash, flash in the water and then that chromer shot my hook at me! But missed and got the tree. Was a great feeling big flash cant say how big(This is where the stories Start) the fish was, I'll have to catch'em and then ill know. On the other hand my fingers were so cold, but i didn't notice till i got in the car, priorities EH! Will try again tomorrow.

Nice! in the big lake or river??? 

Bunnyfoofoo

river below boulevard pond Im going out right now !

Clewis
1 hour ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

river below boulevard pond Im going out right now !

Nice. throwing a spinner? or drifting some roe

Bunnyfoofoo

Row did the trick and landed a nice one. Will try again another day.

PI

Why would you believe? Well unless you actually go. I have seen two caught now. None by me though.

the grudge

the rivers are still locked up pretty good, find it weird how the steelheads would be travelling up river yet, unless their living in it

Bunnyfoofoo

2016 Spring trout.jpg

This was caught on Friday day , Wednesday i had one but spat hook out. There is more in there.

went out today and my bobber iced up , cold one today

• Like 1

James01

So, it was you I watched drifting a roe bag on Friday... I was working (Street Outreach) and stopped by to see what the river looked like. And I had a hunch it was there that you hooked your fish.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Bunnyfoofoo

Was me! Off note,the thing is just like the bumble bee that flies anyways trout are in the streams and rivers even if we think they shouldn't be there at this time, they dance to there own tune. There is a trout with your name on it "GO" get it!!

Iron Ranger
19 hours ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

2016 Spring trout.jpg

This was caught on Friday day , Wednesday i had one but spat hook out. There is more in there.

went out today and my bobber iced up , cold one today

Nice chrome one

Beats some of the locals that hang out by the river mouths.

Kudos!

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.