• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Lyle Reiner

STEELHEAD

Bunnyfoofoo

Thank you ,there is one just waiting for you! Just need to go get'em! (warmer temps coming soon)There in there, a picture of yours is next i hope.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

the grudge

hopefully the run will start soon enough , heard today the mouth of the current river is not even really open yet. the mac is still very low as well

• Like 1

Bunnyfoofoo

was out today and yes the current is still iced over but not for long, the mac is low yes but with warmer temps and maybe some runoff things might pick up , we will see!

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Clewis
10 hours ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

was out today and yes the current is still iced over but not for long, the mac is low yes but with warmer temps and maybe some runoff things might pick up , we will see!

I thought you said you landed one at CR?.... 

Bunnyfoofoo

yes current river, below the dam. still current river

Keegan4

Like by the docks at the mouth or further up?

Bunnyfoofoo

where the open water is all along there.

Zackcorbin1401

I've been fishing cr this whole week nothing biting I guess il keep trying, going to try few other rivers tomorrow

Clewis

4 hours ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

where the open water is all along there.

The cement docks are still iced over and not fishable. i was there a few days ago.

Bunnyfoofoo

the metal fence by the dock  start there and move up towards rapids. lots of fun

the grudge

any more fish being caught yet? This nicer weather should hopefully start getting them going. 

Thefishleclair

Saw a guy with one yesterday. He packed up his gear and took the fish and left then was back fishing 20-30 min later. Didnt see him catch anymore. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

James01
47 minutes ago, Thefishleclair said:

Saw a guy with one yesterday. He packed up his gear and took the fish and left then was back fishing 20-30 min later. Didnt see him catch anymore. 

I may have notified the MNR about that... daily limit is one - its not to say that he would have kept any additional fish, but should he still be fishing after reaching his limit? Can he? 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

the grudge

you can still "sport" fish after your daily limit is caught 

• Like 1

mad scientist

From page 7 of the Fish Regs summary...

"If you catch a fish after reaching the daily catch or possession limit for that species, the fish must be released immediately back to the water..."

So yes, you can continue to fish after you catch your limit, but at the same time be aware that "immediate release" is narrowly interpreted as just that ...immediate.  Taking the time to snap a picture, calling your buddy over to admire it, etc., is not considered immediate release.  

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Foozer

Although you can still fish, I usually don't.

If that next one swallows the hook, or gets it near the gills, it'll most likely die.  That doesn't seem worth it to me.

Especially with steelhead, I'll fish till I can't release it.  I've landed 10 ,or sometimes better, in a day and come home with none. All were hooked on the lip or mouth and released.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Thefishleclair

Yeah you can still fish. I doubt this guy would of released if he got another one. Makes no sense to leave with yer catch then come back to sport fish. Makes ya wonder. 

• Like 2

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

BigBass14

Saw a guy catch two nice ones at the Central pool within a span of ten minutes this afternoon.

Foozer
2 hours ago, Thefishleclair said:

Yeah you can still fish. I doubt this guy would of released if he got another one. Makes no sense to leave with yer catch then come back to sport fish. Makes ya wonder. 

Agreed!

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

fisherdude

Seen it happen way to much 

Bunnyfoofoo

I caught mine and left never went back that day no need. If i see that i will take a picture of the person and follow them to there vehicle and take a picture of there plates and report. This is my first year really trying for the STEEL and i have been blessed but THEFT on the other hand is unacceptable.The Fishing Rules run on the honor system, if you take more than the rules say you have no Honor for yourself or anyone. Rules are rules even if no one is looking( A principal i will not deviate from)

My opinion!

Bunnyfoofoo

On a better note water is up and with warm weather on its way the run is close at hand........

the grudge
15 hours ago, BigBass14 said:

Saw a guy catch two nice ones at the Central pool within a span of ten minutes this afternoon.

the water levels have come up there? is their still lots of ice on the banks? 

James01

I hooked a few in the Neebing this morning... never landed any, but had them on. It felt great having my rod tugged ;), but still a little disappointed. 

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau