• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

vishuscirquel

Wabigoon crappie anyone?

vishuscirquel

Hi all,

Well the crappie on Wabigoon are now prolific.

You can find them from the west end to the east end, I'm on the west end but would have to say the east end is better, not in terms of numbers but in terms of the bite, the fish on the east end are way more carefree and frisky and will zoom up to take your bait while my local piscatorial targets take a little more encouragement to commit if ya know what I mean. The east enders are to be found in 25'FOW and the west end boys (and girls) I have found so far are in 35'FOW….its all catch and keep this end as they don't survive the bends coming from deep so quick. I started fishing them with micro jigs and minnows but by accident discovered they liked the bigger 3/8 Oz jigs by far…weird….especially in metallic blue/silver. You have to use a very light rod as the bite is almost undetectable except for the random big aggressive fish. Slip bobbers also work as do large blue/silver Lindy style spoons tipped with a minnow head. Anyway, have a little video to share with you of my last outing about 5 mins away from our home...…..hope you enjoy.

ICE CRAPPIE VIDEO

• Like 3

Iron Ranger

I always enjoy your films. So the Crappie population is getting started? Be prepared for some drastic highs and lows of the population. It seems here in MN that a Crappie population along with all fish populations depend heavily on bait fish populations. Feast or famine. Be patient and you may be surprised over the years at the size of the Crappies.. You may be surprised over the years at the size of the Crappies over a 10 year period.

Keep up the videos. Watching from Florida. Life long residence in No. MN.

Just enjoying Little Gasparilla Island for a few months. BTW, the Snook fishing has been outstanding. The Tarpon are ready to enter Boca Grand also, they are off the beachs now.

With a bourbon on the rocks, I salute you sir. I enjoy your videos with that red headed fisherman.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

RH.

The fishing is always better on the opposite side of the lake!!

• Like 1

Benji
12 hours ago, reilly harris said:

The fishing is always better on the opposite side of the lake!!

Yah the the opposite side from you!

tatoudsuzuki

Hey i know this is old but can anyone help out with directions to get onto wabigoon in the winter? I heard theres a access with a 5 dollar fee to drive out? Thanks!