• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Thefishleclair

The Itch

Thefishleclair

Ive been scratching the ith by tying some nymphs, Dunno if they are any real pattern or not but they look buggy and something that resembles dragon fly nymphs. Going to order up some more materials and whip up a batch of other types and plan on chucken em at some steel.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

flybum

My itch has been cured by a topical ointment, 2 times a day for 10 days... OH... You mean fly fishing itch... Uhhh yeah. What are nymphs again? My "nymphs" are 10" long and sz 4/0

image.jpg

• Like 3

Thefishleclair

Those need to go on the big lake behind a flasher for Salmons!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

flybum

Furry doubles off the vice today. With some fish skull fish masks. Just add eyes and water. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

flybum

Couple Home Invaders for the box. More colour schemes to come! 

2/0 60 degree jig hook

image.jpg

image.jpg

AJFISHES

I read that sculpin/smelt patterns work pretty well for big brookies but what about steelhead? I've only really ever just used stoneflies and nymphs for them.. 

Thefishleclair

Glow Bugs. Egg sucking leech patterns. I never caught any steelies yet but these are what i have been told work well. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

flybum

Many people use the egg sucking leech pattern. I've read that in Michigan they catch them on 3-5" articulated streamers. Fish are predatory, if you can make a streamer that will trigger their predatory instinct, they'll eat it. Ever caught a vegetarian trout? Most people probably started throwing spinners for trout with pretty good success!! I would rather strip junk than nymph any day!!! Even tho nymphing is very productive at times, I opt for 1 fish on a streamer over 5 fish on nymphs. But that's just me...

When the the steelhead are in the main lake they're eating smelt and other fish... So, yeah...