• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
levi64

Garmin GPS 64S

levi64

I was looking at getting a new hand held GPS. I currently have a Garmin 76CX but I've been looking at the 64s.  I was wondering if anyone has one and what they can tell me, good or bad.  Thanks

TroutHunter

I own one and really like it. Simple to use, pretty user friendly for the most part.  It has many functions which i have no need for.   Primarily use it for moose hunting when stomping around with my bow in the back country.  Its the only GPS i've ever owned/used so I cannot compare to other models.  Hope this helps.

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

levi64

Thanks for your feed back TroutHunter.

RH.

I also have this gps, pretty user friendly, but the maps that it comes with are useless, so you will need to buy one of those micro chips to put into it for better maps of this area

levi64
1 hour ago, reilly harris said:

I also have this gps, pretty user friendly, but the maps that it comes with are useless, so you will need to buy one of those micro chips to put into it for better maps of this area

Totally agree. The area of NWO in not excately up to date with its old survey for topo maps.  I have a chip in my old gps I got from KBM. Much better mapping.