• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arvey

moose tags

arvey

you guys probably already know but I thought i'd mention it apps. for the draw are out. 

Smokey

Doesn't look good for us and the archery hunt as we went from 3 per tag 2 yrs ago to 8 last year and now 11 this year. Not sure is going to be worth the 20 hr drive each way. I can see a total shut down soon to follow. Down here in our backyard they put a draw tag hunt in for calves a while back and the population has made huge returns.

Dirttracker18

Unfortunately they are making some decisions not based on science and logic but on dollars and signatures.

:(

The Great Outdoors

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

And since deer season wasn't pushed back along with moose. We now have archery moose hunters and rifle deer hunters in the bush at the same time.

Total cluster f

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Jayfishin

Wow just compared 2016 quotes with last year. Not sure what is happening these days but the MNR sure is targeting cows while by only cutting bull tags over the last few years? Used to manage the other way around (by offering more bull tags) and protecting cows as one bull can service a lot of cows. Almost like some politicians in  Toronto are trying to wipe out the herd? or they have no clue what they are doing anymore?! I have heard some conspiracy theories....

Jay

Smokey
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:56 PM, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

And since deer season wasn't pushed back along with moose. We now have archery moose hunters and rifle deer hunters in the bush at the same time.

Total cluster f

So if this is true then archery hunters for moose must wear hunter orange then as deer season is open for rifle in that area. Just checked my area and the last week of the archery season is joined with the gun hunt for deer, boy that's going to make it tough and cause some problems with the wardens and those not knowing the rules for orange wear.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Yup. They gonna have the ERT out in full force ( extra revenue team)

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President