• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TBFsucks

A big slice of humble pie.

TBFsucks

This goes out to all the members here.

I apologize for my past postings. I recently had my son out fishing and my motor wouldn't start. It would turn over but wouldn't fire. I killed the battey. We were on the far side of the lake and I was looking forward to a long paddle. My young lad was wet and shivering and this was ruining his fishing trip. All of a sudden I see a boat coming from the far side of the lake. The guy pulls up and says he heard my motor wouldn't start. He pulled meback to the launch. I offered him some money and he wouldn't take it. He just said if I ever saw anyone who needed a hand to take a few minutes and help them. He then gave me son some of the lures he was using as he was having some luck with them. My son used one off shore and caught 3 bass in short order on them. That made his whole trip. He was all smiles. Thank you to the member of this site. You know who you are. On a side note is there a way I can change my name here?

• Like 3

fisherdude

I was totally expecting a different post. Glad to hear how it all turned out. 

Snowball

Look at TOP of main page for "Staff", click on it.

Top line, right side of list you will see the name Roger Mayer.

Click on message below his name and send him a request to change name.

Regards,

Snowball

Bunnyfoofoo

Nice to have you. People are wonderful, pass it on when you can

Humility is looked at as a weakness in this day and age, but one couldn't be further from the truth.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Bunnyfoofoo

Wow that was you roger, I am proud of you both, you both shown a humble and forgiving attitude. And his boy caught fish is awesome. 

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

daniel29

a lot can be said in regards humanity these days, some good and some bad.. but its when you read stories like these that shows that no matter where you are, all true fisherman are one big family and all it takes is a couple of quick minutes to turn one bad day into a great one :)

• Like 2

Bunnyfoofoo
6 hours ago, daniel29 said:

a lot can be said in regards humanity these days, some good and some bad.. but its when you read stories like these that shows that no matter where you are, all true fisherman are one big family and all it takes is a couple of quick minutes to turn one bad day into a great one :)

well spoken!

Bear

Nice job Roger. You didnt give me any lures when you rescued me. 

HAHA

Bear

• Like 1

Garbie

I had a similar experience. I had got to the lake later in the day and started making way out to the far end of the lake. While headed across I could see a boat blown in close to shore, it was a weird spot to be fishing and something felt funny, so I made my way closer. Sure enough the boat was stranded and just blowing with the wind. The two gentlemen had attempted a carb repair and lost a part overboard. He asked for help, as I was still wanting to get a little time fishing in I told him I would pull him across and out of the wind and then on my way back grab him and pull him to the landing. I headed out to a spot, only to get skunked. As i returned and pulled up to his boat I could see 3 large walleye floating on his stringer. Low and behold I had towed him onto a hot spot. As we were making our way back I thought to myself he has 1 over the size limit maybe he will throw me a bone and I will get to bring something home. Well after about a 45 minute pull, battling wind and waves we make it to shore. He hits the landing all excited and starts to show off his catch to his buddies? He then proceeds to give his friends on shore one of the 3 large walleyes. So home I go empty handed, no thank you, no hand shake, and a much lighter cruise-a-day. Not everyone appreciates help!!!!!

fisherdude

Sounds pretty illegal 

manthew

Yeah I'd say. Too bad the MNR wasn't waiting on shore. I would have directed them over to him willingly. 

offroader

'Paying it Forward'.. eventually pays offs   ✌️