• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Fisherman08

2016 SURPLUS/ADDITIONAL ANTERLESS DEER TAG QUOTA

Fisherman08

With the new release of Surplus/Additional Anterless Deer Tag Quota's being recieved in the mail this week.  I am very curious to know why all of a sudden the Surplus tags for WMU 13 has dropped dramatically from 2500 last year to 2000 this year.  Where is the reasoning behind this now by the MNR.  No proven numbers have been given by the Bow only hunt in the city of Thunder Bay.  Nothing has been posted for their findings in the whole WMU 13 unit.  And the last few winters have been not been severe enough to decrease the deer populations.....

VERY CURIOUS!

Jayfishin

Two tough winters prior to last year definitely brought the rural deer populations numbers down. Maybe be there reasoning?

Jay

scandiman
On 2016-06-28 at 9:31 AM, Fisherman08 said:

With the new release of Surplus/Additional Anterless Deer Tag Quota's being recieved in the mail this week.  I am very curious to know why all of a sudden the Surplus tags for WMU 13 has dropped dramatically from 2500 last year to 2000 this year.  Where is the reasoning behind this now by the MNR.  No proven numbers have been given by the Bow only hunt in the city of Thunder Bay.  Nothing has been posted for their findings in the whole WMU 13 unit.  And the last few winters have been not been severe enough to decrease the deer populations.....

VERY CURIOUS!

I definitely have noticed a decline in the deer populations in areas of 13 so I can't say I have an issue with a 500 tag decrease.

Thefishleclair

I agree with the drop. They pit it in place due to an explosion of deer. Now we still see allot but I remember when I started hunting deer. The numbers were way less! 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

TroutHunter

are the surplus tags available for purchase yet?

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **