• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

jbzobes

Annoying noise from Merc shifter

jbzobes

Last year started getting an intermittent high pitch squeal from shifter...I suspect it has something to do with that little chirp you hear when you turn the key on...took it apart looking for a loose wire/bad connection...everything seemed fine

It has progressed to an almost continual high pitch squeal...driving me crazy!...Anyone have any idea on cause...or better yet, a fix!??...it is a 90Hp set up factory install on sylvan...Thanks...jb...

jbzobes

Could it be an alarm?...anyone familiar with Merc systems?...jb

jbzobes

just an FYI if anyone else runs in to the same situation...apparently it IS an alarm...could be just a faulty oil float...or a worn water pump(Motor still puts out water) or thermostat...jb...

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Temp,oil low or water in fuel alarm..If u have a fuel filter . Most motors don't sense water pressure.

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

jbzobes

Thanks Stud!...oil reservoir is kept topped up...so maybe float?...I would assume there was a filter...fella I was chatting with today didn't mention water/fuel alarm...from what I can can gather from serial#...is 93 vintage...when I mentioned the water was still pissing out...he said there could still be an issue with water pump...flow looks normal to me !?...given the year and not knowing past history...thinking it might be prudent to do a water pump service kit anyway?...didn't notice any abnormal heat from motor...but...I wasn't really paying attention...cause it runs like a champ!? except for the alarm...I'm not a motor head...but might be leaning towards thermostat...trying to get my ducks in a row before I order any parts...APPRECIATE Your reply...jb...