• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

flyndie22

GOOSE

flyndie22

hey guys I know this is probably a shot in the dark but I cant seem to find much permission on peoples land to hunt for goose opener if anyone has land that has geese or knows of anyone who may want the pesky birds out of there fields please let me know ill glady come and take some out.

my number is 807 356 1275 hope to hear from anyone thanks

flyndie22

Any takers for tmr or this weekend that are looking for more guns I have decoys guns and ammo lol doesn't seem to be much around mind you after scouting today 

Thefishleclair

Lots of fields not cut yet. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

flyndie22

Yeah there's lots of them that aren't cut yet I've went and asked a few people for permission and no dice unfortunately 

flyndie22

I'm guessing pretty much everyone who does hunt geese goes west of the city towards slate river and kam

Thefishleclair

Strange, Most farmers are open to hunters. Im gunna go scout around on the 21st to see whats what.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

eyelander

When I used to hunt geese I hunted in Pass Lake. It took a bit of convincing but we were able to secure a field there. We had the land owner's phone number and would call him 2-3 days ahead of time to make sure we could hunt his property on a particular day. The other place we hunted geese was the Mattawin River but it got crowded there quite often with other hunters unless it was a weekday.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

flyndie22

I'm off Sunday so I'm going to go try my luck and get a field or two for goose hopefully it works out I'll bring my gf along as she loves to hunt to maybe she can do some convincing haha

Iron Ranger

I'm just throwing out my experiences over the 18 years of early goose season. When the DNR first started the early goose (grass Carp) season there geese everywhere. I would make a point of heading down to the cities just for the early opener. They were everywhere!!! Farmers were more than happy for someone to kill them all. Land access was easy. We shot the heck out of them for about three years straight. Couple dozen field goose decoys in a field that butted up to a corn field was all that it took.

Then after a couple years of great shooting (limits in an hour) the geese got real smart. They just hunkered down out from the city limits.

They got smart while the pop, is down in the state.

Side note: if you have an opportunity for some field goose shooting great. You will need at least 2 dozen full body decoys. They are not cheap. Talk to your landowner and do your homework as far as the crop harvest, goose behavior etc.

BTW, the only way to cook grass carp is: breast out both breasts, marinate the breasts in Italian dressing overnight along with some quarter onion, jalapenos. Wrap strips of the goose fillets around a slice of jalapeno and onion securing with a toothpick. throw the on a slow grill and cook until med. rare.

Make sure you have enough beers under your belt first.

Looking for a great partridge opener here tomorrow. NOW that's good eating.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

flyndie22

I make goose jerky all the time with it have for a couple years it's great and yeah I have all the gear I just need to get some land to hunt on is always the biggest issue. Just gotta get lucky I guess 

Thefishleclair

Im heading out scouting tomorrow, See what is cut and being visited, Then go from there!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

flyndie22

Yeah that's what's I'm going to do today hopefully find some good areas