• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RH.

Bird hunting

RH.

Looking for a couple roads and trails closer to tbay for going birdhunting after work, i have spots that are over an hour away but im looking for somewhere a little closer that produce half decent

MetalFishing

There's tons of roads with small trails off em not far up the Armstrong highway. I've seen a looooot of people up there come the start of bird season though; it gets hit hard but I almost always get something up there.

Iron Ranger

Just chiming in here. I live in No. MN. I have been surprised by the amount of young birds so far, I have seen a few examples of a second hatch also because of cold rains etc.

I'm all set to head out (truck is already loaded)

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!

Duck hunting is creeping up fast. I get out every morning. Then hunt Partridge in the day.

Retirement is good!

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Iron Ranger

BTW, my young bride always has coffee and a coffee cake on the table when I get back from duck hunting in the morning,

She helps me put the duck and partridge breasts in the vacuum sealer for freezing.

Good luck to all and be safe.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Northoman

Agreed, there are lots of young birds out there this season. I assume there was a second or late hatch. Not sure if that means more birds though. 

Head up hwy 527 and pick a side road. you don't have to go far to find a few birds. Especially after work or evening ours. 

gsambray

Definitely a second hatch. Coulda past off my birds as chickadees once cleaned lol. Know I just look for the bigger ones. It was kinda embarrassing 

levi64
59 minutes ago, gsambray said:

Definitely a second hatch. Coulda past off my birds as chickadees once cleaned lol. Know I just look for the bigger ones. It was kinda embarrassing 

Its always funny when it happens to someone else lol.

Northoman

So does that mean double the amount of birds or did something happen to most of the first batch?

Northoman

I spoke with a wildlife biologist on this who said...

Grouse do not typically raise two broods. More likely is that they re-nested after a failed first nest (or two) or lost a brood shortly after they hatched. There could have been a weather event in the area you are hunting that caused a greater proportion of failed nests early in the breeding season (even in to May).