• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Trout05

Salmon in current river

Trout05

Does anybody catch salmon in the current river in the fall are in the wolf river 

Thefishleclair

Pinks mostly.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Clewis

pinks but not yet i don't think.

Amia Calva

I've been wondering about this too. Do people go out at night with glow spoons like in the Niagara area? I've really wanted to do a night-fishing trip again.

Thefishleclair

anytime now I would guess

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

eyelander

Pinks are the first salmon in the rivers. Have seen hundreds of them in the north shore rivers on labor day but have never fished Current River at this time of year.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

fishman1

No, people in northwestern ontario don't fish salmonoids in the dark.

Thefishleclair

Good Read Bobber Down!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

oyo

I'm super confused, aren't salmon done in the rivers? I was on the nipigon yesterday and I saw tons jumping but not w single bite and lots of dead spawned out ones at the landing.

Bobber Down

I haven't even seen anyone else fishing the Mouth of the Current River for some time now. However, I only fish there early mornings almost every day but do walk the dog there a couple of times a day as well. The Pinks usually group out from the docks and you will see many jumping before they take the short run up the river to the base of the slide in order to begin spawning. They are not staging at the Current River yet. If anyone is interested in viewing them spawning take the kids, have a picnic, cast some spoons or Raps off the docks and walk along the concrete wall in front of the viewing platform at Fisherman's Park. The water is only a couple of feet deep, if that, so it's not hard to see them if and when they do show up. Stay tuned.............

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Trout Wrangler

I'm not sure either, I fished the Nipigon a few times last week and caught a salmon about 23 inches and lost some unknown monster.

The fishing seemed really slow but lots were jumping, figured the run was just starting and now im hearing that its already over?

runs must vary from year to year depending on water levels and temps. Would'nt hurt to give it another try..

gsambray

Was down last Saturday evening. Lots were rolling on the surface but nothing was biting at the mouth. Caught one further up by the bridge but released as it was dark and felt like a bag of jello

Colin321

Caught this 6 days ago at the mouth of the current river......... anybody ever hear of people catching these down there?

IMG_20160928_201226.jpg

• Like 2

Thefishleclair

Nice fish, Dark colors, Looks golden!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Clewis
19 hours ago, Colin321 said:

Caught this 6 days ago at the mouth of the current river......... anybody ever hear of people catching these down there?

IMG_20160928_201226.jpg

Nice chinnie, what did you get it on?