• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Clewis

Just Sad.

Thefishleclair

We are going to be in a good battle come 10 years. We as outdoorsmen have to watch what is posted and how indepth we get. Lots of new recruits comming with the Earth Rangers programs and all the budding rules within legislation. I cant remember the one that was or is on he table at the moment. Also remember most if what these folks say does not have scientific proof.   

• Like 2

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Hurketthunter

Is there a snapping turtle season I don't know about? If not then this person is really confused. Last I checked fish and reptiles are nowhere near the same.

• Like 2

Clewis
1 hour ago, Roger Mayer said:

Every one is entitled to their opinion. I read the article and the responses.

I came to this.

My fondest memories are fishing with my grandfather and dad. Made many new friends while fishing. Made this website because I like fishing. I like fishing.

If you want to be a vegan, be a vegan. If you don't want to fish, don't fish. Do what ever you like so long as it doesn't affect me negatively.

Roger

Agreed. 

• Like 2

Clewis
11 hours ago, kbrest said:

Everyone has their opinion. I obviously sternly and respectfully disagree with this individual. However I also feel bad for him, as he is an example of how weak and easily offended society is becoming. If the end of the modern world happens, and theirs no more money, food, electricity etc etc. It will be the folks like us who still know how to hunt and fish and camp and generally survive without modern day technology and teach our children to do the same that survive. I am a firm believer that we still have to keep a strong connection with or wild and otherwise "primitive" side.

I agree, it frustrates me a ton when i read the catch and release "facts" that he has included in the article, because if you're an angler you would know none of them are true :( 

• Like 3

mad scientist
On 10/1/2016 at 2:26 PM, Hurketthunter said:

Is there a snapping turtle season I don't know about? If not then this person is really confused. Last I checked fish and reptiles are nowhere near the same.

Actually there is...though in this part of the province they're open all year.  Daily limit 2, possession limit 5.

Oddly, the information about snapping turtle harvest is in the Hunting Regulation Summary (page 84), but you need a fishing licence to take them.

• Like 1

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

Hurketthunter

I knew there was a season but I wasn't aware it was open in our area.

Amia Calva
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎02 at 9:14 AM, Roger Mayer said:

Every one is entitled to their opinion. I read the article and the responses.

I came to this.

My fondest memories are fishing with my grandfather and dad. Made many new friends while fishing. Made this website because I like fishing. I like fishing.

If you want to be a vegan, be a vegan. If you don't want to fish, don't fish. Do what ever you like so long as it doesn't affect me negatively.

Roger

Unfortunately the opposition does not always feel that way, they tend to believe that they are the only ones speaking out for the fish and "not fishing" is not helping enough, so they need to make efforts to stop "the harm" altogether. Which is ironic, because the people who care the most about fish, fish!

My favourite argument is that by fishing we are forcing better protection of the fish. Our license provides money for conservation and research that protects the fish (especially from invasive species), and if we are eating the fish, there is more incentive for the government to ensure that the water is not too polluted so that we do not get sick. Also, you get to be out in nature and explore places you never would otherwise. You get to watch salmon swim up waterfalls, trout jump, pike crush lures, a ton of amazing experiences you cannot get else where.

The author of that article is really missing out

• Like 3

Clewis
2 hours ago, Amia Calva said:

Unfortunately the opposition does not always feel that way, they tend to believe that they are the only ones speaking out for the fish and "not fishing" is not helping enough, so they need to make efforts to stop "the harm" altogether. Which is ironic, because the people who care the most about fish, fish!

My favourite argument is that by fishing we are forcing better protection of the fish. Our license provides money for conservation and research that protects the fish (especially from invasive species), and if we are eating the fish, there is more incentive for the government to ensure that the water is not too polluted so that we do not get sick. Also, you get to be out in nature and explore places you never would otherwise. You get to watch salmon swim up waterfalls, trout jump, pike crush lures, a ton of amazing experiences you cannot get else where.

The author of that article is really missing out

Well said.