• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

flyndie22

How's everyone's hunting coming along

flyndie22

With all the geese and ducks flying in town figured the hunting should be picking up quite well now hopefully next weekend I'll be getting out how's everyone else doing 

Iron Ranger

Nine days in to our season in MN. The hunting has been pretty good. Mostly Mallards, Ringnecks, Woodies with a few Teal.

We have a resident flock of Canadian geese (grass carp). I have taken a few of the geese so far.

Some of the Mallard drakes are not even fully feathered on the head yet.

The partridge in the afternoon has been stellar for the most part.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Iron Ranger

Update:

Early this week the local ducks headed south. The sky was vacant pretty much.

Wednesday I got an email from a good friend in the Pas, MB was going to get hit with 15" - 20" of snow with a strong NW wind. That is a duck hunter's dream forecast. Thursday night we got the winds mixed in with a bit of snow. It was looking pretty good for the morning.

I was up at 4:30 this morning, get dressed, eat some breakfast that my wife prepared in the crockpot.

Headed out on to the lake and got the decoys out, motored back to the blind.

I was set up across a bay that had a river emptying in to the lake. The river mouth is loaded with wild rice.

Anyway the daylight started getting brighter and the Mallards were really flying. Across the bay at the river mouth the mallards looked like they were in a tornado formation, funneling in to the wild rice.

A few flocks would swing wide across the bay and try to land in my decoys. Haha

I had four drake Mallards before I knew it. Time to pull the decoys and head back to barn by 8:30 AM.

God, I love duck hunting!!!!!

• Like 1

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

eyelander

Lots of geese going by us lately and snow within an hour west of us here in Thunder Bay, but it changed to rain before it hit us. The highs last couple of days have been 38-39F and very windy. Going to be the same tomorrow and Sunday with warmer temperature Monday. Hope so, plan on heading up the north shore of Superior for some salmon on Monday if the weather does not change.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance