• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirttracker18

Deer Rut

Dirttracker18

As last year, lets help each other out by reporting movement, signs, etc.

At this point I am not seeing anything yet.  Not sure if that is because the deer population is down in my area or that the bucks just aren't moving yet.

I have seen a few different bucks pass by my trail cams but they were all once and gone.

Add to this I have wolves showing up on trail cams and I am not sure what to think.

What is happening in your hunting area?

The Great Outdoors

Mr. Canoehead

I have seen less deer activity than this time last year. Might have something to do with the bear that shows up at midnight every time I put out apples. Has been warm too I know the cold weather usually gets them moving.

scandiman

I have a few bucks and a doe and two fawns coming in on the regular now that the bear activity has slowed down on my property 

hunt or be hunted

Wolves everywhere !!! Every camera I have running (6) all have wolves passing by them and many friends and neighbours out in kam-Lappe are reporting the same, extremely low numbers of deer and extremely high wolf sightings and pictures 😕 Gonna be a tough year again it looks like 👎

TroutHunter

I've seen a few small bucks and does/fawns at my location.   Numbers seem to be consistent compared to last year.  Both day and nighttime movement for both bucks and does/fawns so far.... (I'm sure this will change to more nocturnal movement just to p*ss me off haha)... Good luck to everyone this year! 

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

scandiman
3 hours ago, hunt or be hunted said:

Wolves everywhere !!! Every camera I have running (6) all have wolves passing by them and many friends and neighbours out in kam-Lappe are reporting the same, extremely low numbers of deer and extremely high wolf sightings and pictures 😕 Gonna be a tough year again it looks like 👎

Get yourself a wolf seal :ph34r:

Freud

Same here...low numbers of both buck and doe. 1 wolf on trail cam this year. Still too warm for any serious activity. I think everything is 2-3 weeks late this year because of the late spring and warm summer/fall. 

gsambray

I have a big doe that is hanging around. All bucks seem to be around when it's dark. I've had that same big doe within 30 yards and I've been just letting her walk away. Savin my tags for holidays but hoping it's not going to be a bad decision on my part. November has always been my favourite time for deer

Thefishleclair

Camera Trap is out, Will report later on what is on it, I know there are allot of track there and hope to see some bucks on it. There are also bears around in the area but no bait so it all should be good! Hope they want to go to sleep soon!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

MetalFishing

Have a buck cruisin mid morning and a doe around 10pm.

image.jpeg

Jayfishin

Watched a couple small bucks doing some light sparring a few days....neat to watch

Hoping to see some more action this week as temps drop a bit.

Around Halloween always been good for us

Jay

gsambray

I found a brand new large rub in the brush right where my salt block was placed 2 years ago along with a crater in the ground and tons of tracks no pics on trail cam but it's a lot of damage for a small buck. My uncle has picked up a gnarly looking buck on his cam not even 200 yards away. Haven't seen a rack with that many bends and twists before. That buck is almost all grey and massive. I think I have my target for this season

jonut13
Last Sunday there was a new little rub and scrape on the edge of my food plot.  Seems early.

Dirttracker18
On 10/22/2016 at 8:54 AM, jonut13 said:

Last Sunday there was a new little rub and scrape on the edge of my food plot.  Seems early.

Not early at all, kind of late actually.  

We are only a week to two weeks from the rut.  They should be well into scrapes and rubs now and starting to follow some does.

Had a look and a sit at my KB location this weekend and found a line of scrapes.  Nothing came in while I was there.  Lots of night movement so far over there.

The does are moving during the day at my Slate River location.  Have some night bucks from time to time as well.  Got one 10 pointer I have seen on camera at night on two different nights.  I hope I get the chance to see him during daylight :)

The Great Outdoors

jonut13

Ya, I guess I wasn't really looking at the calendar.  Took a walk today and the activity has picked up since last week.  6 new scrapes along the food plot edges and just off the field edge.  Sat last night and had 9 does and fawns out until a fox ran them off with 10 minutes left.  Nice see activity picking up though

Dirttracker18

Just an FYI

I finally had a daytime buck on my camera.  He was just a 6 pointer but had a good sized body and very thick antlers.  He didn't eat but stuck around about 5 minutes sniffing and checking things out.

Nonetheless we may be getting ready for the rut to start.

The Great Outdoors

nwodeerhunter

Hi All!

I hunt in Wabigoon area (I live in Sioux Lookout) and have had multiple daytime visits of Doe's at both of my stands. 

I have had a small 6 pointer show up during the day and a 7 pointer during the evening time.

Last night I caught two bucks fighting on the road on my way home after visiting my stands. (I tried to upload the video, not sure if it worked properly) 

The season opens tomorrow in WMU 8 and my old man and brother are joining me for a hunt this weekend. 

Good luck with this years hunt.

nwodeerhunterHUNT0258.JPG

HUNT0206.JPG

IMG_2445.MOV

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

Dirttracker18

Well that video seems to support what I think after yesterday.

I had a nice 8 pointer walk under me and stop for a quick snack.  He didnt give me a shot and left quickly.

I hit the bleat can and he didn't even slow down when he was walking away.  No interest what so ever.

If you saw two bucks fighting then we are still in pre-rut for sure.

Had I seen this before yesterday I would have tried to rattle him back in.  I did give him some buck snorts but nothing.

The Great Outdoors

nateandrychuk

Haven't had any wolfs on cam at all. I know there around but haven't had any trail cam pics. Have lots of deer moving more at night then the day. Only a couple fours moving in the day with some does and fawns but have some studs coming in almost every night just haven't seen them in the day. Here's a pic of four of the big bucks I have on the go have a smaller 8 and just had a new smaller 9 come in the other night. Want this rut to start or at least the bucks moving more in the day. Tons of rubs and scrapes and only seen once a bit ck chasing a doe and that was just the others day 

DA7898F3-4679-4D4A-B412-2BCE6BB523AB.jpg

beartrack.jpg.1a43097fbd2f6250c49a780f32

riverrunner

Hey fellas,

I would say that the rut is getting started. Yesterday, I was alternating rattling aggressively and hitting a bleat can about every half hour. Just after doing about 4-5 doe bleats, this big 10ptcame over a rise in a  pasture and was suddenly around 100 yards away. He was following probably what he thought was the trail of the doe that he heard. Had to wait about 30 seconds before my heart slowed down enough to shoot! Even when I stopped him with a little bleat before shooting my voice cracked. He dropped in his tracks, and tenderloins are marinating for tonight! Doing some calculations we figured he was pushing 250pds. This is the first year I have used a trailcam and what a difference it makes! He showed up mid october but only late at night and was sticking around so I completely stopped hunting there and waited until the rut was getting underway.  Anyways, good luck out there, I think things are starting to heat up!

Jon

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

• Like 3

scandiman
1 hour ago, riverrunner said:

Hey fellas,

I would say that the rut is getting started. Yesterday, I was alternating rattling aggressively and hitting a bleat can about every half hour. Just after doing about 4-5 doe bleats, this big 10ptcame over a rise in a  pasture and was suddenly around 100 yards away. He was following probably what he thought was the trail of the doe that he heard. Had to wait about 30 seconds before my heart slowed down enough to shoot! Even when I stopped him with a little bleat before shooting my voice cracked. He dropped in his tracks, and tenderloins are marinating for tonight! Doing some calculations we figured he was pushing 250pds. This is the first year I have used a trailcam and what a difference it makes! He showed up mid october but only late at night and was sticking around so I completely stopped hunting there and waited until the rut was getting underway.  Anyways, good luck out there, I think things are starting to heat up!

Jon

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

Congrats!! Beautiful deer 

Dirttracker18

Beauty 10 pointer!

Congrats!

The Great Outdoors

gsambray

Was having a lot of action at my spot lately but with the warm temps everything seemed to have just shut down. Not coming to feed and no daytime movement. Not sure why. No sign of wolves or bears and I am the only hunter in that location. Oh well try again tomorrow