• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirttracker18

Deer Rut

TroutHunter
13 hours ago, gsambray said:

Was having a lot of action at my spot lately but with the warm temps everything seemed to have just shut down. Not coming to feed and no daytime movement. Not sure why. No sign of wolves or bears and I am the only hunter in that location. Oh well try again tomorrow 

I second you on the lack of daytime activity, feed is getting crushed at night... may last daytime pics on the trial cam are from before Oct 24!  lets hope the temps drop and these deer get moving during shooting light! 

Good luck

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

gsambray

Yup it's frustrating when you see deer during the day and the temps cooling off. Then the time of the rut gets near and the temps rise to  crazy warm and the deer disappear. I still sit all day in my blind hoping something comes through but lately it seems like a waste of time

TroutHunter

Just got in from an evening hunt/SD card swap out... Nothing coming in... 216 pics on the cam since Nov 2, not a single daytime pic of a deer. This weather needs to change!!!!!! 

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Dirttracker18

Same in both my deer archery locations, lots of nighthawks as the weather warmed.  Unfortunately it looks like it may not cool off much until the rut is over.

Went back on Saturday to where I missed my chance at a nice 8 point the week prior.  I was in a t shirt into the evening :(

The Great Outdoors

scandiman

I don't think the warmer weather has much to do with it. Bucks are still gonna chase does during the day. 

Several daytime deer (does and bucks) have been harvested in my neck of the woods. 

hunt or be hunted

seen my first full on chase encounter of the yr yesterday while working, nice 10 pointer chasing a doe ! Tongue out and slobbery mess lol the ruts on !!! Checked the trail cam pics and the big boys have started slipping up and moving in daylight hours !!!! The magic in the deer woods is begon 👍🤗🤗

• Like 2

Dirttracker18

This guy let me drive right up beside him on my way to work this morning.  Right around the corner from my house.  I expect when I get home he will be on my cameras.

remembrance buck 2016.jpg

remembrance buck2 2016.jpg

• Like 1

The Great Outdoors

gsambray

Pretty darn slow on Saturday. No help from the wind but sat in my blind from sun up to sundown with  nothing

nwodeerhunter

Today was my first day out in about a week. Got lucky and was able to stay the tag. He is one that I had on camera a few weeks ago.

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

• Like 1

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

nwodeerhunter

Stamp the tag*

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

Gwhunter99

Spent the last week sitting dark to dark. Great deer on camera but all nocturnal. I'm so far back in the bush the wolves must be the cause. Little human activity back there

Dirttracker18
3 hours ago, Gwhunter99 said:

Spent the last week sitting dark to dark. Great deer on camera but all nocturnal. I'm so far back in the bush the wolves must be the cause. Little human activity back there

It's the temperature.  They are all moving at night when it is warm and do not move much when it gets windy.  

• Like 1

The Great Outdoors

Nnev

Thursday morning was the first morning I caught does and bucks on cam during the day in a while. 7:30-8:00 AM doe and fawn on cam at the feed pile and 8:10 a nice 10 walked by after them. Friday saw a 2 bucks and a doe around 10:30-11am and some more movement sunday around 930. The rut definitely has them moving despite the warm weather. 

• Like 1

Dirttracker18

My wife and I sat tonight for our anniversary, yes you read that right.  Two years ago she harvested a buck on our anniversary hunt :)

Unfortunately nothing moved anywhere near us so no anniversary deer for us.  Most of our daytime movement is in the morning or around lunch.  She has made some morning hunts while I am at work but the cameras tell us she just missed them each time either just before or just after her.

The Great Outdoors

walleyebob
19 hours ago, fishman1 said:

Did the tag fall off?

Does not appear so .....

20161110_142950.jpeg

• Like 1

Jayfishin

Looking forward to some snow on the ground this weekend and lower temps. Last week we saw three but at a distance during the am. Warm weather definitely makes a difference for daylight movements regardless of the rut.

Jay

mooboy76

I've only got a couple of ground scrapes, and one doe on camera at 3AM.  No sign of predators on camera, and I don't see any obvious sign around my place.

Lots of raccoon and hare activity though.  Oh, and I think I'm supporting 20 blue jays.

CSSA Member

CCFR Member

gsambray

image.png

• Like 1

mooboy76

Does it count if I saw a nice 10pt ish buck chase a doe across Central?

CSSA Member

CCFR Member

gsambray

Tagged out today. Well by 9:30am. Took a nice doe. And the best part was after walking out and getting my truck as I walked in with my sleigh to drag her out there was a nice gnarly rack buck standing over top of her. So since I had a buck tag he went down too. 

image.jpeg