• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TroutHunter

Shelterlogic Shed Snow Load

TroutHunter

I recently purchased a Shelterlogic to store some equipment/supplies/etc at some hunting property i own.  I have yet to set it up because I am concerned about snow load on the roof collapsing the structure.  Does anyone have any ideas how I could reinforce the roof to alleviate roof collapse this winter?  Property is not located in an easily accessible area for snow removal in the winter (would need to take a sled in).  

Any ideas/comments would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Cheers 

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

eyelander

This is the info on the ShelterLogic site:

http://www.shelterlogic.ca/content/support

A product called Neverwet may help also, they have products for wood, concrete, tarps, glass, etc. It may help to cause the snow to slide off the roof.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

TroutHunter

I was thinking of building some sort of internal framework out of 2x4s and screwing some plywood sheets to it to give the roof more rigidity... but then why wouldn't i just build a solid shed...

• Like 1

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Jack Fish

A couple of things. A shelter rated for winter use should have supports a minimum of every 4 feet, and make sure it's level and square. Snow will build up so you do need to clean it off periodically. I learned all this last winter, the hard way.

Thefishleclair

Mine came down. frame is trashed...Need to clean it up this fall and get rid of the metal. its a 10x20 for the tarp and I think its all good still if anyone wants it!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Ratchet straps holding wall headers in helps ..  so run 4 straps from each Wall top to opposite wall .  That will push up on peak.  

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

JustMe

I have the barn style, Put a silver tarp over the whole thing, snow slides right off. Tarp will wear out before the cover will, just replace the tarp.

Retriever

I've owned a few large Shelterlogic tents for close to 8 years. I've removed snow most years but some winters I couldn't.

I use ABS pipes that go around the roof support pipes to strengthen the pipes where they connect. As well I support the ridgepole in 3 locations with upright 2 X 4s on wood blocks. The worst damage has been a few minor tears  where the roof headers meet the wall. Duck tape solved that. So far so good.