• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Fred

Best Bait Shop in Town

Best Bait Shop  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you think is the best bait shop in town?

• Blackfoot Bait
    • Rockwood Bait
    • Sliver Minnow Bait
    • Larrys Bait
    • Frostys Bait
    • Wiggley Baits

gsambray

For in town bait shop I have to say rockwood. Always has what I need and love trying out the new homemade lures Gary makes. Perch enticers work amazing. This is a hard choice to make though as there all good bait shops. If I had to pick out of town it would be larrys. Went there with my grandpa growin up and still the only stop in kb I make for bait. 

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

Rock wood hands down, I like going in and talking to Gary. Plus his minnows last a long time sitting in the bag, I have had them stay in the bag up to 4 days in a cooler! Larrys Baits is the next best place for me. I have only been about a dozen times but everytime I was happy with the bait. !

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Abes

When you can walk in a bait shop and they ALWAYS  have what your looking for that's a good bait shop. Hands down my vote is for Silver Minnow. ....

DC_84

Silver Minnow... They aren't always the best counters if you know what I mean... My minnows come from the tank and not a bag already in the fridge!

ilikefishing

Blackfoot Baits for sure... i come from out of town a ways and they always wait for me without question.

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP
On October 11, 2016 at 0:05 AM, Abes said:

When you can walk in a bait shop and they ALWAYS  have what your looking for that's a good bait shop. Hands down my vote is for Silver Minnow. ....

Thanks for the kind words...much appreciated!  Its good to hear you've been happy with the service each time you've visited! 😀  We try our best to always have quality bait and great service.  

Josh

• Like 1

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP
On October 13, 2016 at 11:19 AM, DC_84 said:

Silver Minnow... They aren't always the best counters if you know what I mean... My minnows come from the tank and not a bag already in the fridge!

Thanks!  Glad you are happy with our service and I appreciate your business! 😀😀

Josh

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Josh is the best ...just ask him

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Foz

I usually split my business between Blackfoot and Rockwood. They are both great shops with great people running them. It is also a factor that these two shops are in my direct area so sometimes I cannot make it to the other shops. That's not a knock on them though.

• Like 1

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP
On 2016-10-14 at 3:58 PM, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

Josh is the best ...just ask him

THE BEST!!!!! 😉😉

• Like 1

mooboy76

Blackfoot baits!  Sure, I haven't gone to any other shops yet, but I haven't had to either.

CSSA Member

CCFR Member

Northoman

I always go to Rockwood. Gary is great to speak with and he always treats my son and I well.

And as mentioned above his minnows LAST. No need to rush out the morning your heading out.....you can pick them up days before you go and be fine. 

Domer

I usually call Wayne at Wiggley's, or I can usually grab them from his place. He has the best bait in town for sure. His medium, or medium large compared to a couple of places in town is untouchable. He is also a little more generous than a couple places in town. Josh at silver minnow is also a good guy to grab bait from. Usually out of the way for me but he has offered to deliver and came through at the dog lake derby for me and my partner. He also does a great job at running the dog lake derby. Bruce from (BB) has also been good to me, good guy. Larry's has the most volume in bait Sales by far. He is the ice fishing go to guy. I haven't been there since new owners took over but will find out soon enough. I also think one of the best guys I have ever met through this site is Gary Hamilton. Can't say enough about his service and business. Hopefully I can get out there this winter.

If I missed mentioning ur name or business, I either have not been to ur bait shop or I will never again be at ur bait shop. 

Nnev

I thought I read on these forums that large walleye only bite on Rockwood bait?

rceme74

I have been using Wiggley Baits for some time. They are always fresh and last quite a while. The Store is always clean and well stocked. Those folks that work there are always polite and willing to assist if you ask. 

James01

You dug up a 5 year old thread for this? By chance, are you related to the owners? Business partner? Friends?

• Like 2

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau