• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Spectre

That time of year!

Spectre

Moose season is coming and we have all had it happen to us, but I am just curious how you guys handle the situation when someone tries to bully you out of a cut or walks past you into a cut?  

Thefishleclair

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, The ole good Ethics, Well as I see it if I park my truck at a small cut and start walking it and someone drives in to take a look I cant stop them. Most times they see the pumpkins sitting and they drive away. But I have had guys walk in on me and sit approx. 200 Yards away. When this happens I start to boil! I have chatted to a few guys that walk in and they are just coming to chat. We trade info but from my experience I share WAY more then they will so lesson learned as I will more then likely see them again and tell em nuttin. And now when I see they are in a cut I just wonder in on my own and repay the favor. Most times ill just go else where.

These cuts I hunt you can walk in a mater of 15-20 min from start to end so no need for them to wonder in. Huge cuts well that's a givin that guys will be in and out while I am sitting and I am ok with that.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

gsambray

I just start going to places that others won't. What I have found in the past few years if you gotta walk in and not drive most don't go lol. So know I hunt back sides of swamps or lakes and access by canoe or a long walk

Bobber Down

beer.jpg

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

scandiman

I archery hunt to avoid the madness of the rifle season. 

Spectre

Ya I think I will just pull out the cellphone and record them and then post it where everyone can see who they are and what they are doing.  Them walking past you into a small cut like that, isn;t that considered purposefully interfering with your hunt?

scandiman

Perhaps folks should consider something other than hunting cut overs lol. 

Try canoeing into a back lake or putting some waders on and wading into a creek. 

Sure it makes, if successful,  for a lot more work to get a moose out but you definietly wouldn't have issues with interfering hunters.

thats how my crew rolls and we get the job done.  

Thefishleclair

I plan on Paddeling around this year, Some good creeks and moose swamps abound for sure!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Hurketthunter

Not moose hunting but yesterday my wife was deer hunting from a ground blind in a small cut over and had someone drive in on her. This is a very small area that isn't big enough for multiple hunters. So they drive in and spot the blind and instead of respectfully leaving her in peace they lay on the horn for a solid 15 or 20 seconds before turning to leave. Boy was she hopping mad when she got home.

Hurketthunter 

hunt or be hunted

Well that their would be grounds for personally and intentially interfering with a hunt am I not wrong ? Thats pretty ignorant move and Deffintly not a respectable hunter by any means! Personally I get as far off the beaten path and hike into old cut overs where the " Hollywood road hunters " don't go to! If I see a truck at the beginning of a cut over or any orange I' back off right away and leave, I respect that they were their first and would exspect the same back but normally it seems the bad ones out way the good ones 👎 I' now purposely only hunt private land during the deer season to avoid all the " ignorant clowns" ! 

Thefishleclair

"Well that their would be grounds for personally and intentially interfering with a hunt am I not wrong ?"

No one can stop someone from hunting on crown land, I assume that the LAW could not do anything to the Non Ethical one as they are just out hunting as well. Now if said hunter was making noise, sitting right next to you and just being an rear end then Sure there could be some cause there. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

hunt or be hunted

Yes I completely agree with u, but it was said the guy blew his horn ( for 15-20 ) in his truck right out in front of his wife's blind ! So would that not be purposely interfering in a hunt ? Had he drove in and just turned around then fine but to personally direct and blow the horn at her blind then it was directed to make noise and scare off wildlife in the area of her hunting 🤔 I get its minor ordeal and a piss off non the less but still interrupting a hunt either way u look at it. 

Thefishleclair

Whops my bad. I did not see Hurketthunters post. Yes that would deff fall under harassing!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

gsambray

Oops the horn scared the crap out of me and I accidentally put a round through your engine block. Not a very safe or legal way and something I hope nobody does but that would definitely teach them a lesson

Dirttracker18

Missed my chance last weekend.  My wife and I got up early to hit a cut.  We arrived well before light only to find a truck already parked at the entrance.  We turned around and left.

The guy in that cut got a bull a couple hours later.  We finished the week with nothing.

The Great Outdoors