• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RatherBeFishin

2016 Moose Hunt

RatherBeFishin

Just wondering how everyones moose hunt has been going so far this year and if theres been many moose sightings. My group got our cow right away in area 13. We also seen 2 bulls together this past fri , got some ok pictures but no tags for them. Also did not find a calf this year. Been talking to a few people in my area that have been seeing a very good amount of moose !! Now onto the deer :) 

Foozer

We might be in for a tough luck season....

Listened to a cow calling, a bull grunting, and raking his horns opening day but he wouldn't come out.

Tuesday, we had a shot at a young bull but messed that up.  He took off as we got within 150 yards of brush and spruce trees.

Seen two calves last Saturday.

And yesterday my father-in-law called out a 54"+ bull at 1:15 in the afternoon.  But in smart old moose fashion he moved without being dedected and popped out at less than 50 yards.... Dad made a move to get the rifle off his shoulder and Mr. Big was gone.....

We have had some great action but having a tough go at filling the tag so far. 

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

RatherBeFishin

We had that last year foozer. We had a bull tag in 12b. Seen 1 bull with no shot. Then seen 2 cows but didnt have tags. Then seen a cow and calf. And it was calf season but no shot. Got lucky this year. Thats for sure. Good luck ! 

therealfndeal

Got my bull in 20 mins of our hunt then went on to a few more areas and seen 4 more bulls that same day then while my bull was hanging some one went in the cooler and robbed my tenderloins the dirty bastards 

gsambray

Spent last week out. If I had a bull tag I woulda been done too quick. Counted 4 bulls and one cow on the second day. Cow took off fast but the Bulls didn't seem to care I was there. I was able to get up to 50 yards or less of most bulls I seen. There was a big ole bull too over 50 easily. 10 days out hunting with only 1 day without a moose sighting. I did get to see a cow with twins running through the cut but it was getting dark and didn't want to take a chance at shooting at them while they were running. No tags filled but a good time out. 

image.png

• Like 1

scandiman

Filled my cow tag on second day of hunting during bow season. 

saw moose everyday and nearly tagged out our second cow tag. 

Was a great week

RatherBeFishin

Awesome. Seems to be a bit of success and lots of sightings. Thats good to hear !! 

Between a few of us we have seen 6 moose and got one cow out of a small area ! An Archery cow is quite a feat ! 

pbear

We have been out two weekends but haven't seen a cow yet.  My cousin saw a bull at 40 yards but only had a cow tag.  Some fresh sign but nothing standing in the tracks. We are in 15B. 

Sageboy

My buddy and I went out for about 9 days during the calf season (only had calf tags) and we did not see any calves so no moose. We did see 3 cows and 1 bull during our time out. I saw a cow that was chestnut brown on the face and body. I have not seen that before.

Foozer

Desperation time is about to set in.

After seeing two bulls and two calves we have yet to fill our tag.

Anyone else, besides me, looking for help from a higher power?

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

RatherBeFishin

My buddy still has two bull tags and another guy i know has a cow tag for 15b. No luck for them yet ! 

RatherBeFishin

Sorry. My buddy doesnt have two. He has 1  and his dad has one. Lol

• Like 1

Foozer

Were in 15B trying to fill my tag too.

Weve been around animals almost every trip out but just not able to cross hairs on one yet.

Looks like two more Saturdays and a "sick" day are all that's left for me.  

But it ain't over till it's over...

Foozer

Just my luck.....

3 minutes into shooting time today we drop off my father in law at an old grown in road.

Around the next corner were two cows less than 100 yards off the road that took off when they seen the truck creeping along.

Me and the brother in law drive a couple kliks to a Y in the road and each go our own ways.  A couple hours later we meet up, turn the truck around and find 3 sets of tracks walking together on top of my tire tracks almost to the road were we dropped off his dad.

When we find him, he tells us three met up down his road and walked through a field but didn't come out on to road.

So now it seems there are 8 moose all between us and we don't see or hear a thing until minutes after shooting time when a cow starts balling her guts out while we pack up our guns.....

What a season so far but the freezer is still empty.

pbear

We saw lots of tracks,

but bo cows standing in them.  We found tufts of moose hair where they had trampled the snow.  Are they breeding or are the bulls sparring?

Spectre
9 hours ago, pbear said:

We saw lots of tracks,

but bo cows standing in them.  We found tufts of moose hair where they had trampled the snow.  Are they breeding or are the bulls sparring?

Yeah we saw a couple of these too. They be getting it on! Either a very late rut or maybe a second rut I dunno... Weird weather this year