• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jonut13

Decoys

jonut13

Has anyone had success using either doe or buck decoys to bring bucks into bow range?  If so, do you have tips or set ups that use?

AB

I have a fully flocked buck decoy, can't remember who makes it. Take the antlers off and its a great big doe. I use it in certain set ups during the entire season. It was the difference maker one year on the last day of the season.

When it works, look out 'cause things happen fast.

You need to keep safety in mind when using any decoy. Some other hunter might take a poke at it with their rifle if its highly visible.

I'm a big believer in it, just a bit of a hassle carrying it in and out to some of my set ups.

good luck!

AB

gsambray

I tried one before. It wasn't an actual decoy just a big inflatable Christmas decoration. I figure why not try it. Set it up the night before and gave it a spray with some doe urine. Needless to say I think it worked. The following morning it was deflated and shredded with a lot of tracks around it. Even with the bells and red scarf of its neck seemed to work. I wish I had a trail cam set up I would have loved to see what actually went on that night

TroutHunter

when using a buck decoy, angle it so the decoy is quartered TO you giving you a nice quartering away shot on the live buck approaching to possibly fight... Opposite for a doe, quarter the doe decoy away so the buck will approach from her rear and, um... well u know what they're trying to do!  I read this a few times in some online articles this year, never got around to trying it thought.

good luck

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

randomheroj

during the Rut I use a buck and doe decoy at the same time depending on bucks either they come in or get intimidated of my buck decoy, but cover the doe in scent usually works. sometimes you get to see a buck show down dance