• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nnev

Disposing of your Carcass

Nnev

Before I start I know, understand and do keep and use all usable meat and don't dispose on private land without consent.

Where can you legally dispose of your deer/moose carcass? I know it's normal to gut the animal right there and the birds will take care of that before nightfall when the wolves will clean up what's left. However afterwards the what do you do with the hide and bones? Is it actually legal to find a nice patch of secluded crown land away from the eyes Bird hunter Joe and his young son or is this considered dumping on crown land?

Spectre

I would put it under the same category as when you are gutting the animal, filleting fish, clean some partridge and leave the remains for the wild animals to eat.  Bottom line is it will get eaten and even if it doesn't it will decompose and be good for the soil.  As long as it's not going to be an eye sore I don't think there is any harm, it also reduces waste at the landfill.

therealfndeal

Thankfully i have many excavators at my disposal at work and the deer and moose carcasses made good fill in our dump site lol 

eddylives

Well if the companies doing highway maintainance like Carillion Miller TWD etc can take road kill animals and dispose of them on crown land out of sight so to speak I see no reason why joe public could not do the same.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Dirttracker18

I am outside the city and thus make a dump run once a week.  My remains go there, unless therealfndeal helps me quarter and butcher in which case he usually takes care of it as noted above.

lol

Always appreciate the help buddy!  Thanks!

The Great Outdoors