• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hunt or be hunted

Old Inco shandowan mine directions ?

hunt or be hunted

Does anyone know the exact Rd or have fairly good directions to steer me in the right direction to the old mine site ? Looking to do some photography, please and thanks ? 

Resource Pimp

You won't get near the mine site. Its gated on the INCO road about a mile from the lake where the headframe stood. There are security workers on site, but I doubt they would give access, especially during hunting season. Best way to the actual headframe sites would be by boat or snowmobile. There were two, the original wooden headframe (#1 shaft) and across the bay the concrete permanent head frame (#2 shaft).

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

hunt or be hunted

Ok what about the old camps ? I see people are visiting and posting pictures of the old camps all the time so their must be a way in their somewhere right ? 

naden
15 hours ago, hunt or be hunted said:

Ok what about the old camps ? I see people are visiting and posting pictures of the old camps all the time so their must be a way in their somewhere right ? 

Are you possibly thinking of the ghost town at burchell lake?

• Like 1

hunt or be hunted

yes !!!! I thought the old ghost town was the old camps for the mine sorry !

naden

I think you can walk into the ghost town right from the gate off of the burchell lake road. 

Resource Pimp

The ghost town is at the old Burchill Lake mine, different than the INCO Shebandowan mine.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg