• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

crazyctr

black bay

gsambray

Good to hear there ok

• Like 1

NWO
28 minutes ago, bobo said:

What is the ice thickness? Thanks in advance for any info.

Thick....20+ inches at least I'd say.

The pressure ridge is a different story.......it has some weak ice around it.   It's risky to try and cross it just anywhere.

levi64
1 hour ago, NWO said:

Thick....20+ inches at least I'd say.

The pressure ridge is a different story.......it has some weak ice around it.   It's risky to try and cross it just anywhere.

I personally wouldn't mess around near that ridge right now. I'd give it some time.

bobo

Anybody been out there this week?? Curious about the ice ridge... Is it possible to get across? Thinking of going this weekend. Is the crossing marked?

Thanks

levi64

Any updates on conditions ?

With all the recent snow it has to be better than it was on the weekend.

Could of skated out to granite island

levi64

Any update since the snow fall would be appreciated. Good for sleds now? How is the ice ridge has it closed up any? 

Thanks.

crazyctr

sleds are good to go out on black bay now  the ridge is still good for now

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

BLACK BAY IS SLEDS ONLY THE RIDGE DID A DANCE LAST NIGHT CANT GET QUADS ACROSS ANYMORE

• Like 2

hbaits.jpg

RH.

Anybody been out to granite lately? Has the bite picked up anywhere out there? 

AB
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:52 PM, Keegan4 said:

What's the ice like by granite, and how much snow on the ice?

Last weeks snow has helped smooth out the ride.  There is enough snow for sleds, no issue there. 1st ice ridge out of Hurkett is still active, so as always stop and have a look before running across. There were a couple of quads out on Saturday, but it wouldn't be my first choice of vehicle now. They were far enough away that you couldn't tell if they had wheels or tracks.

Fishing is decent to pretty good. We fished 8 different locations over the weekend from 5 mile south to Granite and caught perch at every one of them, 35 FOW up to 16FOW. Best action was in water less than 24 feet deep.

Heads up everyone, with the snow cover and ice thickness, its not going to be long before shoveling down to the ice or extension bars for the augers are required.

tight lines!

AB

crazyctr
22 hours ago, reilly harris said:

Anybody been out to granite lately? Has the bite picked up anywhere out there? 

its still a hunting game they are there today gone tomorrow

try fishing about 1/4 mile to the right of your shack in 19 to 21 feet of water 

im going to jessie tomorrow to try and break the new record for ling

hbaits.jpg

kbrest

Was hoping to head out tomorrow. However Im curious on what kind of dance that ridge is going to do after todays weather...and tomorrows.

Mozeman

Hello, iam new to the forum. I have A crew thinking about hitting black bay tomorrow .... I have heard mixed reviews regarding ice/ snow/ ridge conditions.... Can anyone comment ? 

dunnhuntin

I was out on the bay yesterday afternoon. We fished around Gary's huts and in two other places towards Granite and did okay. Not our best day out there but did manage to pull a few fish onto the ice. The ice and ridge were both in good shape. Crossed the ridge in two different places, both were nice and tight with no slush. heard the ice cracking a few times in the sun but there is lots of ice - we had to kick some snow out of the way to drill through without an extension.

crazyctr

BLACK BAY IS SLEDS ONLY THE RIDGE CLAIMED TWO MORE VICTIMS AGAIN TODAY TWO QUADS WENT SWIMMING

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr
9 hours ago, Mozeman said:

Hello, iam new to the forum. I have A crew thinking about hitting black bay tomorrow .... I have heard mixed reviews regarding ice/ snow/ ridge conditions.... Can anyone comment ? 

sleds only  the ridge is very active use extreme caution around it and it is getting to have lots of water on the ice again

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr
On 2/17/2017 at 5:03 PM, kbrest said:

Was hoping to head out tomorrow. However Im curious on what kind of dance that ridge is going to do after todays weather...and tomorrows.

its doing the twist and shout  claimed to quads today 

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

there is no longer a bridge out there it was destroyed today by the ridge and people using it

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

just got back in off black bay its a nightmare out there lots of water everywhere hope mother nature sends us some colder weather soon or its gonna be a short season

hbaits.jpg

kbrest

Just wanted to throw out a thank you Gary for your services Saturday. Was beauty weather and a great time. You were working hard and soak and wet helping get those bikes out but still happy at the end of the day (albeit tired). Fishing was a bit slow but not too bad for our group. You run a good business and I will always recommend people head your way when thinking Black Bay.

• Like 4

TroutHunter

Have a shack booked for Friday... Kind of on the fence if I should stick it out or cancel.... My sled doesn't have a studded track... What are your guys thoughts?  

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Wopfisher

I also have a shack booked for Friday I phoned today to see about the conditions apperently no more water on the ice we're still gonna go 

crazyctr

still lots of water on the ice no snow at all out there

hbaits.jpg