• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

MetalFishing

Shooting distance from road

MetalFishing

Anyone know the legal shooting distance from a road? Hunting near the 588 and curious if anyone knew the exact distance. I saw 8m on one blog I found searching but that seems close...

RatherBeFishin

8 meters from the travelled portion of a road no possession of a loaded firearm is what i see in the regs. 

naden

The 8 meter rule doesn't apply to this part of ontario. On 588 you cant shoot from or across the traveled portion of a right of way. Pg 23 of the hunting summary. 

RatherBeFishin

Wow. Really ! That i wasnt aware. So u could really just hop of the rd into the ditch and shoot from there ? 

naden

I think as long as you were off the pavement and on the shoulder and not shooting across or down the road your good to go. 

Garbie

Careful where on Hwy 588 you will be shooting from. If in Neebing township they have a new bylaw this year regarding loaded firearms on right of ways.

Fisherman08

There is no legal shooting distance from Ontario Highways.  Ontario highways are measured from the Centre of the Highway 20 meters or 65 feet either side of the centre line, before your able to safely discharge a firearm.  Be careful on your judgement, otherwise if you get caught, you may be fined.

naden
8 hours ago, Fisherman08 said:

There is no legal shooting distance from Ontario Highways.  Ontario highways are measured from the Centre of the Highway 20 meters or 65 feet either side of the centre line, before your able to safely discharge a firearm.  Be careful on your judgement, otherwise if you get caught, you may be fined.

Where is this information from?

naden
12 hours ago, Garbie said:

Careful where on Hwy 588 you will be shooting from. If in Neebing township they have a new bylaw this year regarding loaded firearms on right of ways.

Good point! Organized townships may have additional rules

naden