• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions

Some Old Guy

Reports on Lac's ice condition.

Sponsored by: Chris, Colin and Ron from Shacks Landing Inc.

You can email us direct at:

shackslanding@hotmail.com

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

mikejson

Was wondering who was going to make the thread this year :P

One of my buddies sent me a message about there being 6" at birch today...

Next week's cold wrather should get us out there in a couple weeks!

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Has anyone been out there yet? I heard Archie has his shacks out already and has been showing people 7 pound walleye is pulled through the ice already!

mikejson

AHHHHHH!!!! Archie's out already?

Is he only at Birch or is he all the way out at Coffin already?

Replace the word "off" with "fish": 

Jerr454

1 day hut at birch. 7" of ice at birch. 6" at mckay. B another week or two with this cold weather. 

mikejson

Think she will be good to go by Tuesday? Seems like it is going to be highs of -10 and lows of -30 out by upsala all week.

Not much snow out there so that should put a good 1-1.5 inches of ice on a day no?

Got a potential opening in my schedule and I want to snatched it up before xmas! 

Rddog

Just wondering if the folks at shacks landing are posting any updates on this site or would they rather respond to a couple hundred emails wondering the same thing? Interested in there thoughts.

Sugar Shack

Going out Friday morning to pull my huts out to brich island  for now  will see how the ice is at Sandpoint  if ok will be pulling  huts out there last Friday  the ice was only 5 inches  at Sandpoint with this weather the ice might be ok but there might be pressure  ridges I will post on Saturday the condition 

• Like 3

icehuts.html

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
On 14/12/2016 at 7:02 PM, Rddog said:

Just wondering if the folks at shacks landing are posting any updates on this site or would they rather respond to a couple hundred emails wondering the same thing? Interested in there thoughts.

Lol....the sarcasm is strong in this one.

.mmmmmhmmm. (insert Yoda emoji)

I'm sure they will post up once its good and safe for trucks. 

Patience young padawan.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Sugar Shack

Just came back from lac 13 inches of ice  at brich   trucks on ice up to brich only  down the lake 10 to 12 inches except on the other side of Sandpoint there was only 7 inches no huts  past brich there is about 15 huts on the lake now most likely  I will  be moving my to coffin from brich on boxing day fishing wasn't to bad

• Like 2

icehuts.html

mikejson

I guess there won't be 12" after Sand by Tuesday eh??? -30 for 3 days?

geese2

Can anyone provide info on ice conditions at Lac.  Especially at Pine Point.

Call the resort...Or post in lac ice conditions thread.

Thanks

Sugar Shack

Have a couple huts at Coffin island  surprising to see  17 inches  of ice out here bringing out a few more  tomorrow fishing  has been  great 

icehuts.html

Ill merge this thread with lac thread

mikejson

I was out yesterday, came back today. I have my shack at Birch, and was sitting on 9 inches only (tail end of the island).

Before I left I drove down the lake. Right now there is no road plowed, but Archie's been bombing back and forth in his track truck dragging his shacks out to coffin so there is a path to follow.

I went about half way to coffin and walked from the path left every 2-300ft I drilled a hole and checked depth of the ice. It went: 12", 12", 9", 12". It was mostly black, but in the last 12" hole the top 2 was frozen slush.

Archie, if you read this, one of the times that you run back from your shack, if you can buzz past and pick up that pilon I left out there, I would appreciate it. I left it cause I was going to come back, but decided not to.

From shore to sand, probably a good 15cm of snow, after sand it's mostly hardpacked 5cm or less. There is slush in the usual spots along the way (before sand, shortly after)

If this snow storm hits like it says it's going to... with the current warm temps, I can see the usual slush hole before sand turning into a cluster f**k.

Almost forgot, I drilled a hole about 300 yards from sand point(on coffin side) and it was 12 inches there as well... I got stuck coming back over sand point(regular 4x4, no chains). It was in powdery stuff right against the hump. Rocked it a few times, then floored it and I was out :P

geese2

Was at Pine Point today. Owner says there is 12 inches from their dock all the way out to Painted Rock.

Domer

Made the trip out to lac today. The lake is in mint shape. Best I have seen it in years. We travelled the lake and there is no road and not much snow. We didn't waste any time and headed to coffin island. Crossed sandpoint on the shore where the sandbar ends. Lake is solid. Drilled our holes at coffin and I am reporting 19" of ice. Measured and official, no BS. If u look down the lake u can see an ice ridge that goes from poplar bay to carp island and continues to the island in the middle of the lake before mistake point. Fishing was pretty good too. My brother and myself iced about 30 walleyes today. Biggest fish was a 25", first fish of the day. Anyone who needs to tow a shack out should go tomorrow and hook it up and go. No problem towing.

Foozer

I will be heading out solo to Pine Point tomorrow.

Not sure what to expect. But I know I ain't gun catch nuttin' at home.

Hopefully I can drive on around the point.  If not I'll bring the sleigh.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....