• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions

mikejson

Anyone else sitting here looking out the window wondering if it will hold off?

Doesn't look as bad as they said it was going to be...

adam_k

Did the weather affect the lake in any way? Can I still drive on? I have a extended cab Ford I am lookin on heading out tommorow morn

cheers

adam_k

Foozer

Not as much ice as I was expecting at Pine Point.

First hole was hardly 12" and the next one beside the truck pumped the slush out of the hole real fast. I measured the ice at only 10.5"! 

I have up to 16" marked on the handle of my ice scoop so it's not a half assed guess.

I decided to leave my gear on the ice and parked the truck back at the landing.

Highway conditions stunk, road wasn't great, weather atrocious, and fishing to match it all.

Wind blew my tracks over in a couple hours.  Wasn't much snow on the ice but was in drifts and there was slush forming from a crack along the shoreline.

Good luck to those going.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

adam_k

How much is it this year to access the lake from pine?

cheers

adam_k

Foozer

Same as last year.

$10.00/guy.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

ty16

Foozer...

Any shacks on the ice at pine pt?

And anyone been driving on the ice there at all?

Thanks in advance bud. 

Foozer

There were three shacks out and one guy drove on in a smaller truck.  

They only drove as far as the first shack.

I was near the last shack to the left.

Was using it as a wind break.

Porkchop21
4 hours ago, Foozer said:

There were three shacks out and one guy drove on in a smaller truck.  

They only drove as far as the first shack.

I was near the last shack to the left.

Was using it as a wind break.

Foozer 

Do you know if anyone is traveling down the lake to the right of pine point? I usually fish down that way a mile or 2 and was thinking of going tomorrow on sleds. Did you see any tracks?

Thanks 

GaryE

How's the ice thicknes and ice road going in at Saw Mill Bay...thanks

Foozer
1 hour ago, Porkchop21 said:

Foozer 

Do you know if anyone is traveling down the lake to the right of pine point? I usually fish down that way a mile or 2 and was thinking of going tomorrow on sleds. Did you see any tracks?

Thanks 

I didn't notice anything. But the wind took care of my truck tracks before I'd even left the lake. If anyone had gone around the right of the point I'd imagine their sled tracks would have been blown over too.

CoryCo

Any news about sawmill bay to coffin island? Planning on paying my fee and towing he shack out tomorrow. 

mikejson
24 minutes ago, CoryCo said:

Any news about sawmill bay to coffin island? Planning on paying my fee and towing he shack out tomorrow. 

They just plowed the road this morning. Got some slush spots in Mackay bay and just after sand.

I measured 15-17 " by the derby site.

Tons of shacks out now.

Fishing was slow today, in the storm last night the bite was on.

Apparently ling eat 14" Walters cause I pulled my stringer up with a 7lbs ling on one og my stringer loops... lost part of my limit!!!!!

• Like 1

Porkchop21
3 hours ago, Foozer said:

I didn't notice anything. But the wind took care of my truck tracks before I'd even left the lake. If anyone had gone around the right of the point I'd imagine their sled tracks would have been blown over too.

Ok thanks Foozer. Im heading out tomorrow. I just cant decide between pine point on sleds or just driving out towards coffin in the truck from sawmill.

Anyone have updates regarding fishing at coffin? 

CoryCo
35 minutes ago, mikejson said:

They just plowed the road this morning. Got some slush spots in Mackay bay and just after sand.

I measured 15-17 " by the derby site.

Tons of shacks out now.

Fishing was slow today, in the storm last night the bite was on.

Apparently ling eat 14" Walters cause I pulled my stringer up with a 7lbs ling on one og my stringer loops... lost part of my limit!!!!!

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I'll be setting up near the derby site. Away from the village. 

adam_k

Was at pine fishing was decent

Domer

Lake was good. Solid 18-20". Fishing was fantastic. Landed 25-30 fish in about 3-4 hours. Lost a lot of fish too. 

IMG_2557.JPG

• Like 4

Zackcorbin1401

Was super excited to get out to lac today until my cars engine blew up on the way there...

Zackcorbin1401

Will try again tomorrow.

Domer

Made another trip out to lac on the 31st. Road was very wet and pretty much undrivebale in certain spots. The road was diverted in many spots. Fishing was excellent. Holes were in at 9:30am had our limit at 11 for three guys, with at least 20 more fish released. We left at 1 and we landed at least 40 fish and lost a lot too. This time of year is good for #'s and a good time to bring kids. Didn't bring my daughter yesterday but brought her on the 27th and she had a blast cranking all those fish in.

• Like 1

Foozer

Went by sled from Sawmill today.  Didn't go as far as we thought we would due to the wind.

Took a hard left before Sand Point and fished behind a couple islands away from the crowds.

Landed 9 walleye and a pike in three hours between 9 am and 12 noon. Missed at least 7 fish too.

• Like 1

FishyFishy

Happy New Year! Looking to head back out to coffin this time with the kids. I was wondering what the road conditions are like. I was out on the 30th got a little wet on the way back in from coffin 

Adrian

Just got photos from a friend of a truck through the ice near Pine Point.   Just the tail gate sticking out.   I guess it is not as safe as we thought...Please be careful out there!!