• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions

hank

Was out Mon. and this is what happened when I drilled our holes. Temp was -8C, not cold enough to freeze around the holes. Had to move our shack. Thanks to Ken and Archie for coming out to plow after the wind blew the road in on Tues. night. Those V plows are a life saver.

20170110_103820_resized.jpg

hank

That water is about .75km past birch island. Was still not frozen under the snow when we left Wed.

CoryCo

I'm out past sand point and the conditions are awesome. Maybe 8" of snow with 0 slush

mikejson

That isn't the road itself though right?

They walled that water off last weekend... at least when I left sunday it was.

CoryCo

I drove the road wed afternoon before it was plowed. It wasn't bad at all. Lots of snow drifts and some slush spots. 

As i was leaving Kenny was just getting ready to plow. 

Did not see any water. Like above. That's why I asked where it was. 

hollywood

Headed out this weekend. Haven't been out this year. Can anyone tell me what the cost is for one truck (2 adults and 3 kids)?

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I was out there Monday to tow my shack out to the derby site and the road was mint!  Best Ive seen in a while.  You could pretty much drive in 4x4 anywhere around the derby site.  I cant comment on the fishing because i didnt put a line in but will be heading out tomorrow to try my luck!

Josh

levi64
1 hour ago, SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP said:

I was out there Monday to tow my shack out to the derby site and the road was mint!  Best Ive seen in a while.  You could pretty much drive in 4x4 anywhere around the derby site.  I cant comment on the fishing because i didnt put a line in but will be heading out tomorrow to try my luck!

Josh

You didn't put a line in.. What happened, you forget to bring bait?

hank

The picture of water isn't on the road, but was only 60 feet east of the road.Water came up the holes as soon as we drilled, and didn't stop until the next day. Must be more snow in that area.

offroader
On 1/14/2017 at 9:45 AM, hank said:

The picture of water isn't on the road, but was only 60 feet east of the road.Water came up the holes as soon as we drilled, and didn't stop until the next day. Must be more snow in that area.

Weight of the snow...makes the ice bow

fisherdave63

This afternoon, as I was leaving the lake, I left my HT black rod bag in the parking lot closest to the highway. I was hoping that someone might have turned it in or found it. If so, I would really appreciate being contacted. I can be reached by phone (807-630-5320, ask for Dave).

speckmaster

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  Sorry to hear

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP
On 1/13/2017 at 5:42 PM, levi64 said:

You didn't put a line in.. What happened, you forget to bring bait?

Haha...no I had the bait buuuuuuut....I did forget my key to the ice shack and all my gear was inside.  Went to archies to see if he had a lock cutter but noone was out on the ice the day I went so I said F it and drove back to the landing then to town.  I went back out this past Saturday and we did really well.  Alot of action!  Im heading back out tomorrow and Saturday...hopefully the warm weather hasnt made a mess out there yet and the fishing is still good!

Josh

twin lake

just came back this afternoon (thurs) from spending the nite...road is in excellent shape out to far end of old derby site...kudo's to Archie and Ken and anyone else who drops a blade on occasion...

hunt or be hunted

Just got back from the lake as well, road is in excellent shape and fishing was awesome, 2 of us limits by noon with 5 throw backs under slot and 7-8 miss ones, and a bonus MOOSE on the way home hit by a truck ( no injuries to the driver ) !!! Oh and it was plus 4 ! Awesome January day on the hard water !!! 

• Like 2

FishyFishy

Good day everyone. Checking on road conditions after this spell of beauty weather. Thanks everyone keep those lines wet boys and and girls!!!!!!!!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Road was fine today.. a bit of water but no 4wd. Should be fine for a while.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Ya was slow bite. They weren't hammering anything. Quite a few just at 13 were released.  Missed 5-10 , iced 10-12. 

Kids had fun

Word of the day "all-eyes" . Those fish on my flasher aren't walleyes they are "all eyes" ..no mouths. 

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

RatherBeFishin

Me and 3 others went out yesterday. Did great ! Most fish caught jigging with sonars. In 20 fow. Got our limits easily let go mybe 10 and also got two 23" walleye. Beuty day. Cannot complain ! 

Hey folks. Just looking for some clarification on yearly shack fees at shacks landing.  If your shack hasn't left shore for a couple winters are the fees still the same? And what are the new fees? Also are the fees due in January and good for the year? Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks