• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Some Old Guy

Lac des Mille Lacs Ice Conditions

Domer

We had a great weekend past. 13 guys, lots of laughs, tons of food and drink, and the fish were a plentiful. I would say 150-200 walleyes were caught, tons released, some kept and some eaten. Take advantage of the excellent lake conditions and the fishing should get better as the 15th of April approaches. Here are a few pics. 

IMG_2723.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2733.JPG

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

I went out yesterday at coffin caught nothing  there so we moved to sand and picked up 3 walleye.

hunt or be hunted

Was at the derby site on sat morning, me and the wife had lines in at 830 and limits by 11am with one throw back under, 3 pike back in and 6 miss's ! Hey domer that isn't the ridge at sand point is it ? It wasn't that big on sat ??? 

Domer

This ridge is the biggest I have ever seen on lac. 6-7' high in spots. Past reserve point

ribneck

Was out from pinepoint yesterday was about an inch or so of snow. Just enough so you weren't slipping every time you ran to a line.  Fishing was pretty good. 

Domer

Today, 3 of us headed out to lac to do some serious fishing. We decided to fish one of my spots away from any crowds. The two gentlemen I was with have a shack year round set up at the old derby site. Today I showed them the benefit of fishing different waters and away from other people and surface noise. The fishing was fantastic. Nothing monstrous, 4.2lb walleye released but the numbers and the quality was excellent. I am not going to lie but I put on a clinic today. I landed 48 fish today and we as a total landed 70 fish today. Our catch was one 15" and the rest between 16.5-17.5. It was a beautiful day today but I am red as a tomato and my bald head is on fire. Bitter sweet or just stupid for not bringing sunscreen. Maybe I should become a guide on lac and put people on fish. Anyone interested? Lol, not quite April fools yet. Here are some pics.

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

IMG_2746.JPG

• Like 3

Trigger Happy

Nice fish ^.

Hey gang, hoping to get some feedback on your Lac experience...

I am a bit of a regular ice fisherman around Pine Point, and as far east as Reserve Point.  Usually do 'ok' and always use dace minnows.  Occasionally, during late season I'll venture out of Sawmill and always hear people saying that suckers are a must at that end of the lake.  Thoughts? and if yes, how far down the lake does this usually apply to? Thx  

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

My dad came up from the sault to try to catch some walleye.  Tough bite today but we managed to get our limits. The road is quickly becoming a mess.  Still lots of ice tho.IMG_2386.thumb.JPG.e8edb4b3b79845d45a3ab6dbbad32ed0.JPG

IMG_2388.thumb.JPG.5233693bebf887679247ff2823046780.JPGIMG_2400.thumb.JPG.97aba95e35dba737b1ebfcad37ea85ec.JPG

Trigger Happy

Any updates on ice conditions out of either pine point or sawmill? Trucks still? Thx

ribneck

Was out from pinepoint yesterday the lake is getting pretty slushy.  We drove a truck out but would not recommend it at all drive out was fine on the way back we hit mutiple spots where the truck dropped through 10-12" of slush tons of soft spots everywhere. Measured the ice only 23" where we fished.  Fishing was good.  Everyone be safe out there 

Some Old Guy

I'm out here at lac right now. The sawmill bay road is pretty rough. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Some Old Guy

Sawmill hasn't lifted yet. I did hear past sand point that it lifted.

I had to get towed about halfway back by a track truck I got stuck.

Many people got stuck on both Saturday and today.

As for how long it lasts.... I don't know.

Roger

Porkchop21

Just got back from pine point and we took the quads but sleds would work too. I would say about 3-7 inches of slush/snow in the area I was. Fishing was slow even though I went to almost all my "secret spot" which don't seem too secret anymore by looking at the number of holes at them. Did see a couple trucks out there today but I wouldn't recommend it.

hollywood

If you stay off Sawmill Bay road, would a quad have any difficulties getting out? Pictures above make it look pretty dicey.

Also curious how thick ice is.

speckmaster

Is anyone heading out this weekend?  I'm on the fence right now. Apparently a side by side went through at Whitefish

Zackcorbin1401

I'm most likely heading out to pine point this weekend

Porkchop21

Any reports on ice conditions? I heard last night a truck went thru the ice at birch island and their are blow holes showing up around sawmill bay. Anyone know if their is any truth to these rumors? 

speckmaster

I heard the same thing 

Some Old Guy

There were a couple of holes flagged off last weekend when I was out there. Well, I assume that's why the areas were flagged off.

Roger

Fishbum

How's the ice pine point Way holding up ?

fishpals

Be careful around birch. A truck went through yesterday.

gsambray

Sounds like it's time to put away the ice gear and get the soft water gear ready

• Like 1

Skidooman

How is the ice  conditions at Pine point . Any fish being caught there 

Porkchop21

Just heard a quad went thru the ice at pine point yesterday. That's all the info I got about the incident. Think I'm done for the season.......