• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tronnyd88

buying flies

TroutHunter

D&R has flies for sale.. That is the only retail shop that I know of (aside from walmart/canadian tire for basic flies).  I believe there is a guy who will do up fly tying orders if I am not mistaken.  I am unsure of his name though, he is a local Thunder Bay guy.  He's had a booth at the fly fishing film fest.  Perhaps some other board members can point you in his direction.  

Other than D&R, i've purchased my flies from http://www.reelflies.ca that are too difficult, small, or i don't have the patience to tie myself haha.  

Good luck! 

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

brookiebuster

Rivers edge fly shop inside D&R has a good selection of flies. I'd reccomend getting yourself a vise and supplies to tie your own. Much cheaper and more rewarding. 

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Clewis

i've attempted to tie all of my flies and it seems kinda expensive especially when just getting started.. Reelflies.ca is great they ship super fast and all the flies i've ordered hold up well. I definitely want to get into tying flies but for now i buy all of my dries and some streamers, tie yarn and nymphs.

Macbook10
On 2/27/2017 at 4:15 PM, TroutHunter said:

D&R has flies for sale.. That is the only retail shop that I know of (aside from walmart/canadian tire for basic flies).  I believe there is a guy who will do up fly tying orders if I am not mistaken.  I am unsure of his name though, he is a local Thunder Bay guy.  He's had a booth at the fly fishing film fest.  Perhaps some other board members can point you in his direction.  

Other than D&R, i've purchased my flies from http://www.reelflies.ca that are too difficult, small, or i don't have the patience to tie myself haha.  

Good luck! 

how long was your wait time on shipping?

TroutHunter

Shipping times aren't too long... Flies ship from S. Ontario (I believe) and it only took 4-5 business days of I remember correctly 

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **