• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Rules And Place For Kids Contest

Gone8to1248

WHO:

Anyone who is UNDER THE AGE OF 16 can enter the contest.

WHAT:

Write a small bit about why you like fishing and should be the person to win the Rod and Reel Setup. Maybe even tell one of your favorite fishing stories you have had. The younger kids can have their parents help them with their writing.

WHERE:

Put all postings in this thread only!!

WHEN:

This contest will run until March 31  2017 and then will be closed and the winner selected.

THE PRIZE

Will be a custom made Fishing Rod that the winner will help design and come with a reel and line on it ready to go. They will get to pick the colors used in building of the rod and decorations that can be put on it. The rod will be a functional working quality rod.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Topic now closed.3/31/2017

Edited by Gone8to1248
to close topic
  • Like 1

Fisherboy

I love fishing because it is fun to reel in a fish, and it is exciting waiting for the fish. I like seeing the different species and I like watching the fish swim away after  releasing them.  Filleting the fish is interesting and eating them smoked, fried or baked is delicious.

One of my favorite fishing trips ever was when my mom, my sister, 2 of my mom’s friends and I went perch fishing at black bay. We rented a shack on Lake Superior. When we got to the lake Gary drove us out to the shack. It took 45 minutes to get to the shack on the sled. When we got to the shack Gary lit the fire for us. I was sure glad to have the fire because it was -20 outside but inside it was toasty warm. We drilled the holes with my mom’s friend’s auger. After 5 minutes my mom’s rod got a tug but my mom was busy unpacking so I jumped over and pulled it up. It was an 8-9 inch perch. 10 seconds later my rod got a tug so I leaped over to my rod and pulled that one up too.  It was a 6-7 inch perch. The whole day we were catching fish about every 5 minutes except for 12-12:30 the fish weren’t biting so we cooked some grilled cheese and soup on the wood stove. About an hour after lunch we caught the biggest fish of the day. It was 13.5”. For the rest of the day we were catching bigger fish than we were in the morning.  At the end of the day we had 28 perch in our bucket.  Gary came and picked us up and we went back to the truck and got pictures and entered one in the ice fishing photo contest and Mom’s friend Ally won with a picture of us at the Hurkett dock.

I think that I should win the fishing rod because I love fishing so much and I don’t know how kids could stay inside and play video games when they have an opportunity to go fishing. 

By Calvin Age 10

Calvin Perch Fishing.jpg

• Like 4

Some Old Guy

Wow!! Awesome read!!!!!

Congrats on the awesome trip!

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Iron Ranger

I love a well written fishing adventure! Well written yet he never lost perspective of being in the fish house while telling a heck of a story!

That little guy deserves more than a rod and reel for such a well written article.

Come on THUNDER BAY, help one of the best outdoor writers I have seen on this board.

It sounds like his Mother helped set the stage for some great outdoor writing. Kudos to both!!!

It makes think we will being some more of this young gentleman's writing in the future.

• Like 3

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

allymeagan

Awesome job on the story!  I've been able to go fishing with this young guy quite a few times now, and he loves everything about it.  One of the most avid fishermen I know!

Gone8to1248

Does anyone want to pick a winner for the contest now? Just post your vote on here.

Bernie

Iron Ranger

Fisherboy has displayed what I think is an outstanding display of writing. I would love him to continue writing in the future.

Keep working on your writing and enjoying the outdoors. Ask your English teacher for help and advice.

I proudly announce you the winner of the Kids fishing contest.

Keep enjoying the outdoors and communicating your experience's through your writing. You have a gift and let it guide you through life.

• Like 2

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Some Old Guy

I agree with Ironranger. 200% right!!!!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Gone8to1248

Fisherboy I sent you a PM message check for it.

Bernie