• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
adam_k

Rentals

adam_k

Hey everyone I have a week long fishing trip booked in a couple weeks at northern lights and I know there will be no snow on the ice by then I have been keeping a close eye on the weather and we're not expecting any for the next 2 weeks . I don't want to run my sled out there and ruin my brand new sled so my question to everyone is, is there a place in Thunder Bay that rents quads? So I do t have to cancel my trip. Any info would be amazing

Cheers

Adam_k

Adrian

You might try Loch Lomond Equipment Sales.  I believe they rent Argos

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

U could run scratchers. They spray up enough for lubrication and a little cooling A few on the sled should be enough if u aren't riding hard.  If you don't wanna buy them .You can also make some scratchers by Wrapping a small chain loop around skis Or drilling 2 holes a back of skis and running long bolts.  They should throw enough ice to keep sliders intact and temps okay for a few miles. .

Run  rear suspension Loose so sled sits low.  That will help it run cooler too.. track will blow more cold air and ice up onto heat exchanger. Unless you have a fanner then u have no worries with a scratcher or 2. It will run all day on glare ice. Only the sliders will need some moisture

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Adrian

Another thing that many people do without knowing the consequences of,  is they remove or modify the rear snow flap.  The flaps are designed to direct air and snow back up into the tunnel for cooling, this is especially true on newer sleds.  A friend of mine cut about 4 inches off the bottom of his flap because he always ran over it when backing off his truck.  He immediately ran into overheating issues with light snow cover.  He riveted the removed piece back into place and the cooling issues disappeared.  In checking with the dealers, they all said..."Do Not Modify The Flap".