• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arvey

using drones

arvey

I see new regs. coming out for the use of drones is there regs. on using them for hunting just wondering.

Bobber Down

Canadian provinces already prohibit hunters from using aircraft or other vehicles to locate, herd or chase their prey. Ontario’s Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, for example, says that “a person shall not use a vehicle for the purpose of killing, injuring, capturing, harassing, pursuing or chasing wildlife.”

A spokeswoman for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry said her department considers drones to be a type of aircraft and therefore they are banned from hunting use

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

arvey

Since drones are fairly new I just wondered if they had included them on what was already there. Thanks for the info.

Adrian

Even just to be safe, error on the side of caution and assume they are illegal.  

arvey
1 hour ago, Adrian said:

Even just to be safe, error on the side of caution and assume they are illegal.  

no I had no intention of that just happen to see the new regs. on them and it got me to wondering.

Spectre

Seems to me that it is OK to use a drone for scouting a location pre hunting season. But during hunting season if you have guns stored in your vehicle and you send up a drone to scout a location say a cut for instance and happen to see some animals. Bring back the drone put it all away and store it in the vehicle, then proceed to take out guns and begin hunting is that ok?

Scojik

If you look in the Hunting Regulations (2016) page 26, it clearly states:  "Aircraft, including Drones and Balloons may not be used while hunting."  

On Page 86 the Definition of Hunting is as Follows:  Hunting includes laying in wait for, searching for, being on the trail of, pursuing, chasing or shooting at wildlife, whether or not the wildlife is killed, injured, captured or harassed. 

that being said Spectre I feel that you would be considered violating the Regs as you would be actively "Hunting" with your drone.