• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

RatherBeFishin

Mountain Lion !!

RatherBeFishin

Just seen pics of a mountain lion that was apparently found dead in kakebeka area with porqupine quills all over it. Always heard stories of theese around. But never seen proof. Thought i seen something like one years ago up the 527 but then again thought mybe i was just loosing it. Lol. 

arvey

With porcupine quills in it that had to have been a slow painful death not nice for any animal to suffer like that.

Retriever

I'm puzzled that this cougar died where it was found. The animal carcasses ( coyotes, foxes, lynx ) that I've discovered were all under trees, near logs and in general in more protected areas not in the open.

Retriever

I heard that the pathologist's report confirmed that indeed the animal was a cougar and died of starvation. The report couldn't confirm the territorial origin of the cougar.

Did anyone read of the sex and age of the animal? 

Bigbrookies

Starvation is more likely the cause of death.I don't think a cat would be dumb enough to get that many quills it without it being desperate for food. 

yeahalright
On 1/12/2020 at 3:33 PM, Bigbrookies said:

Starvation is more likely the cause of death.I don't think a cat would be dumb enough to get that many quills it without it being desperate for food. 

It looks malnourished. I lived in the interior of BC for years, saw a few Cougars. A few were even downed by Conservation officers for wandering into town. I've never seen one look so damn skinny.

I've read that their territory has been expanding. Makes a lot of sense since they're so territorial. They don't usually stick around when another is in the area.