• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

fishingfinn

Ethanol free gas Thunder Bay

fishingfinn

Maybe this has been covered before, but I was wondering if there is any gas stations in town that carry ethanol free gas?

I was looking online and found this site pure-gas.org which lists gas stations in Canada that carry ethanol free gas.  The entry for Thunder Bay said that pretty much all gas stations in Thunder Bay and surrounding are ONLY carry ethanol free gas.  Can anybody shed any light on this?

http://www.pure-gas.org/station?station_id=16854

BP76

As far as I'm aware, all gasoline sold in the greater Thunder Bay Area is ethanol free. Just another good reason to live here. 😁😎

Adrian

Boy, that is a hard thing to research.  The best I could find, is that Canadian Tire 91 is ethanol free, not sure about the others.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Very simple to test for ethanol. 

Pour gas into a water bottle. Add water. Mark water line on bottom where water and gas separate .Shake it up real good. 

Let it stand over night.

Ethanol bonds to water so if water in gas settles above line in  ...You have ethanol.

Ethanol is fine if you run your motor often..Bad if you store it. It breaks down and does bad stuff. So just go fishing 2-3 times a week and the ethanol won't be an issue, you will always have fresh gas.👍

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

smokerscully1

It has to say right at the pump if it contains ethanol 

rceme74

I am an Automotive engineer and also a Certified Marine Technician from Mercury Canada. When we were experiencing a high than normal rate of fuel system problems, I have check over 10 gas stations here in Thunder Bay and surrounding areas, and they all have Ethanol in the fuel. The percentages  averages at 8-9%, at that low end they do not by law have to admit to having Ethanol fuel. Most outboards are test and able to accept up15% Ethanol, no more. To combat the Ethanol a good quality fuel stabilizer is just what the Dr. ordered. It will slow the degeneration of the fuel, which happens within 5-10 days, and also prevent water from accumulating in the fuel tank. Since all the fuel come in from the same depot chances of having Ethanol Gasoline is pretty high.  If a station is advertising NO Ethanol or Ethanol Free, its because they are less than 10%. For the cost of an ounce of prevention, a shot of Stabilizer every 10l is worth every penny, because the end results can be catastrophic, we have seen a number of power plants severely damaged.

• Like 1